TDWI Best Practices Report: Integrating Hadoop Into BI and Data Warehousing
Type: Analyst Research
Product: Data Integration, Big Data Analytics
This report explains the benefits that Hadoop and Hadoop-based products can bring to organizations today, both for big data analytics and as complements to existing BI and data warehousing technologies based on TDWI research plus survey responses from 325 data management professionals across 13 industries. It also covers Hadoop best practices and provides an overview of tools and platforms that integrate with Hadoop.
- Ten myths about Hadoop and why they aren’t true (ex: Hadoop enables many types of analytics, not just web analytics)
- Use cases for Hadoop in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, and Business Analytics
- Present trends among tools and platforms integrated with Hadoop
- Brief summaries of the product portfolios of nine vendor platforms and tools that support Hadoop
- The top ten priorities for integrating Hadoop into Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
"Embrace the new tool and platform ecosystem of Hadoop. Do it for the benefits: 48 survey respondents with hands-on Hadoop experience said they adopted Hadoop for its extreme scalability, exploratory analytics, low cost, and support for multi-structured data."