Pentaho 4.8 Installation and Administration
Pentaho Business Analytics is a tightly coupled data integration and business analytics platform that brings together IT and business users to easily access, integrate, visualize and explore any data to positively impact business results. Pentaho Business Analytics includes data discovery, data integration and data mining capabilities. With Pentaho, business users are empowered to make information-driven decisions that positively impact their organization’s performance. And IT can rapidly deliver a secure, scalable, flexible, and easy to manage business analytics platform that users love.
Pentaho Business Analytics Installation and Administration provides a hands-on overview of the processes involved in installing, configuring, administering, and maintaining the Pentaho Business Analytics suite of products. Through a mixture of interactive, instructor-led activities and self-paced exercises, students learn the key components used to administer Pentaho Business Analytics. This course helps prepare you for the Pentaho Solution Consultant Exam.Back to Courses
This the second course in the Pentaho Business Analytics administration path. The first course, SLN4000 – Using Pentaho Business Analytics I, is optional, but administrators are encouraged to attend SLN4000 in order to better understand user requirements.
|Online||Englsih||Pentaho||January 28, 2014 - 10:00 AM EST||Register Now|
- Your Business Intelligence administrators will use the archive installer to quickly implement production deployments of the Pentaho platform, speeding time-to-value
- Your administrators gain experience using the report generation and scheduling tools, allowing them to better understand user requirements for applications they administer
- Administrators create and use data sources, exposing them to the types of data models they will administer on behalf of content consumers and content creators
- By exploring the end-to-end architecture of the Pentaho Business Intelligence platform, administrators gain an effective view of the components they administer, from content management to security implementation
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Install and configure the Pentaho Business Intelligence platform
- Create new reports using Pentaho Interactive Reporting and Pentaho Analysis
- Create a Dashboard using Pentaho Dashboard Designer
- Customize the look of the Pentaho User Console
- Create public and private report schedules
- Create a new data source for the Pentaho User Console
- Use Data Access to retrieve task data from a system table
- Create a Pentaho Analysis cube
- Create ETL (extract, transform, load) jobs and transformations using Pentaho Data Integration
- Configure the Pentaho Data Integration Enterprise Repository, including basic security options
- Create and examine database tables that hold job and transformation metrics
- Create users, roles, and permissions in the Pentaho Enterprise Console
This course has no prerequisites, but students are encouraged to attend SLN4000 – Using Pentaho Business Analytics I. Some knowledge of Pentaho Business Analytics is preferred but not required.
Online courses require a broadband Internet connection, the use of a modern Web browser (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox), and the ability to connect to the WebEx Training Center. For more information on WebEx Training Center requirements, see http://www.webex.com. Online courses use Pentaho’s cloud-based exercise environment. Students are provided access to a virtual machine used to complete the exercises.
For online courses, students are provided with a secured, electronic course manual. Printed manuals are not provided for online courses. When an electronic manual is provided, students are encouraged to print the exercise book before class begins, though this is not required.
Students attending this course on-site should contact their Customer Success Manager for hardware and software requirements. You can also email us at email@example.com for more information regarding on-site training requirements.
Module 1: Pentaho Architectural Overview
Pentaho Architectural Overview
Module 2: Installing the Pentaho BI Suite
Installing the Pentaho BI Suite
Module 3: Configuring the Pentaho BI Suite After Installation
Configuring the Pentaho BI Suite After Installation
Module 4: Introducing the Pentaho User Console and Pentaho Analysis Tools
Introducing the Pentaho User Console and Pentaho Analysis Tools
Module 5: Customizing the Pentaho User Console
Customizing the Pentaho User Console
Module 6: Using the Pentaho Administrative Tools
Using the Pentaho Administrative Tools
Module 7: Using Data Sources
Using Data Sources
Module 8: Pentaho Data Integration Server Overview
Pentaho Data Integration Server Overview
Module 9: Creating jobs and transformations in Pentaho Data Integration
Creating jobs and transformations in Pentaho Data Integration
Module 10: Pentaho Data Integration Server Administrative Topics
Pentaho Data Integration Server Administrative Topics
Module 11: Configuring Security