Business Analytics Report Designer
Business Analytics Report Designer teaches you how to design, create and publish custom reports with Report Designer. From connecting to data sources to adding design elements, you will learn all of the necessary steps to produce visually appealing reports for your organization. This course helps prepare you for the Pentaho Solution Consultant Exam.
Note: The Business Analytics courses do not cover Data Integration or Administration.
For more information on Data Integration, see course PDI2000 Pentaho Data Integration. For more information on Administration, see course ADM2050 Installation and Administration.Back to Courses
This course is the second course in the Business Analytics learning path.
|Online||English||Pentaho||January 15, 2014 - 10:00 AM EST||Register Now|
|Online||English||Pentaho||February 12, 2014 - 10:00 AM EST||Register Now|
|Online||English||Pentaho||March 5, 2014 - 10:00 AM EST||Register Now|
|Online||English||Pentaho||March 26, 2014 - 10:00 AM EDT||Register Now|
• Decrease your time-to-market by learning how to quickly create compelling reports using Report Designer
• Equip yourself with reporting best practices and techniques for minimizing maintenance and increasing the speed of content creation
• Interactive, hands-on training significantly improve skill development and maximize retention
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the key features of Report Designer
• Connect to data sources and use query design tools to write queries for reporting
• Create a report using various data and design elements
• Format report elements and apply conditional formatting to report elements
• Add Hyperlinks and Parameters to reports
• Use charts and sub-reports in Report Designer
• Use resource files within reports
• Create reports using the Report Wizard
Students attending classroom courses in the United States are provided with a PC to use during class. Students attending courses outside the US should contact the Authorized Training Provider regarding PC requirements for Pentaho courses.
In general, if your training provider requires you to bring a PC to class, it must meet the following requirements. You can also verify your system against the Compatibility Matrix: List of Supported Products topic in the Pentaho InfoCenter:
• Windows XP, 7 desktop operating system (for Macintosh support, please contact your Customer Success Manager)
• RAM: at least 4GB
• Hard drive space: at least 2GB for the software, and more for solution and content files
• Processor: dual-core AMD64 or Intel EM64T
• DVD drive
Online courses require a broadband Internet connection, the use of a modern Web browser (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox), and the ability to connect to the WebEx Training Center. For more information on WebEx Training Center requirements, see http://www.webex.com. Online courses use Pentaho’s cloud-based exercise environment. Students are provided access to a virtual machine used to complete the exercises.
For online courses, students are provided with a secured, electronic course manual. Printed manuals are not provided for online courses. When an electronic manual is provided, students are encouraged to print the exercise book before class begins, though this is not required.
Students attending this course on-site should contact their Customer Success Manager for hardware and software requirements. You can also email us at email@example.com for more information regarding on-site training requirements.
Module 1: Creating Reports with Report Designer, Part 1
Lesson 1: Navigating Report Designer
Lesson 2: Connecting to a Data Source and Writing a Query
Exercise 1-1: Connect to a Data Source and Write a Query
Lesson 3: Adding Data Elements and Creating Report Groups
Exercise 1-2: Add Data Elements and Create Report Groups
Lesson 4: Creating Totals
Exercise 1-3: Create Group and Report Totals
Lesson 5: Creating the Report Header and Footer
Lesson 6: Formatting the Report
Lesson 7: Applying Conditional Formatting
Lesson 8: Publishing the Report
Exercise 1-4: Create the Report Header and Footer, Format the Report, and Publish the Report
Module 2: Creating Reports with Report Designer, Part 2
Lesson 1: Adding Report Parameters
Lesson 2: Creating Hyperlinks
Exercise 2-1: Add a Parameter and Hyperlink
Lesson 3: Creating Charts and Sub-Reports
Exercise 2-2: Create a Report with Multiple Sub-Reports
Lesson 4: Using Resource Files in Report Designer
Lesson 5: Viewing Sample Reports
Lesson 6: Using the Report Wizard