Skills and knowledge to become a Pentaho innovator
Whether you are an experienced business intelligence consultant, solution developer or Pentaho partner, earning your certification is your silver bullet to ensuring the best possible Pentaho implementation and experience.
Pentaho Solution Consultant Exam
The Pentaho Solution Consultant exam is a 90 minute online examination consisting of 75 questions. The exam covers the following topics:
- Installing and configuring the Pentaho Business Analytics platform
- Using Xactions
- Implementing security
- Using Pentaho Data Integration to create jobs and transformations
- Creating OLAP cubes using Pentaho Schema Workbench
- Designing reports using Pentaho report designer
- Using the Pentaho User Console tools: Pentaho Analysis, Pentaho interactive reporting, Pentaho dashboard designer
Pentaho Data Integration Exam
The Pentaho Data Integration exam is a 60 minute online examination consisting of 50 questions. The exam covers the following topics:
- Installing and configuring Pentaho Data Integration
- Configuring transformation steps and job entries
- Performing extract, transform, load (ETL) operations in PDI
- Maintaining job/transformation portability
- Using Kitchen and Pan
- Clustering and partitioning
- Big Data
Recommendations and Preparation
Prior to taking either exam, Pentaho recommends:
- You have a minimum of six months experience implementing Pentaho in production and/or Pentaho Data Integration.
- You prepare for the exam using the Certification Exam Study Guide.
- Complete the following courses: Business Analytics User Console, Business Analytics Report Designer, Business Analytics Data Modeling, and Pentaho Data Integration.
- Completing any of the Business Analytics courses entitles you to a free attempt at the Pentaho Solutions Consultant Certification exam (a total of 1 free attempt per person).
- Completing Pentaho Data Integration entitles you to a free attempt at the Pentaho Data Integration Certification exam (a total of 1 free attempt per person).
- All complimentary exams must be taken within 1 year of completing the eligible course.
Contact a Pentaho expert to learn more about our certification program.
Our consultant from Pentaho Professional Services was extremely knowledgeable. He knew Pentaho inside out, and more importantly, he understood how best for us to use this technology to help improve aspects of our operations.