Pentaho Delivers First Complete Data Integration and BI Suite for Hadoop
Pentaho Corporation, the open source business intelligence (BI) anddata integration leader, today announced download availability of Pentaho Data Integration for Hadoop and the Pentaho BI Suite for Hadoop. More and more enterprises are turning to Hadoop to reduce costs and improve their ability to extract actionable business insight from the vast amount of data being collected throughout the enterprise. With these releases, Pentaho addresses the biggest challenges experienced by users of Hadoop – steep technical learning curve, a lack of qualified technical staff and the lack of availability of development and deployment applications for performing data integration and business intelligence with Hadoop. Pentaho makes Hadoop easy.
Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) for Hadoop provides a zero-programming, graphical design environment enabling organizations to:
- Easily manage how data is moved into and out of Hadoop;
- Coordinate, execute and schedule Hadoop tasks in the context of existing ETL and BI workflows;
- Design and execute massively scalable ETL jobs in Hadoop using the 200+ out-of-the-box ETL steps;
- Harness the power of Hadoop, regardless of preference for on-premise or cloud based deployment, through tight integration with all common Hadoop distributions including Amazon Elastic MapReduce, Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop (CDH) and Apache Hadoop.
The Pentaho BI Suite for Hadoop, which includes PDI for Hadoop and all the benefits detailed above, empowers organizations to:
- Perform production, operational and batch reporting against the full set of data in Hadoop using Hive,
- Provide Ad hoc reporting against data in Hadoop with zero knowledge of Hadoop or SQL,
- Spin off high performance data marts in minutes for interactive analysis and dashboarding using Pentaho Agile BI.
A collaborative effort from both Pentaho Corporation and the Pentaho community, the Pentaho Data Integration and BI Suite for Hadoop was the subject of an extensive beta program that involved both Pentaho community members and commercial customers. It is the first solution to address user needs for ETL and BI applications that make Hadoop easier to use for Big Data analytics. In addition to enhancing the Pentaho BI Suite, Pentaho also contributed numerous improvements to a number of open source projects in the Hadoop ecosystem including Apache HIVE and VFS.
QUOTES AND MULTIMEDIA
"The need for big data technology like Hadoop is clear, present and expanding but there are some barriers to widespread adoption," said Richard Daley, founder and CEO of Pentaho Corporation. "Pentaho is breaking down these barriers with our latest releases, thereby helping increase the overall adoption rate and success of Hadoop in the market."
"Pentaho just lowered the onramp to Big Data analytics by making it easier and more affordable for companies to get up and running with Hadoop," said Shawn Rogers, Vice President Research, Business Intelligence, at analyst firm Enterprise Management Associates. "Pentaho for Hadoop offers tight data integration and BI capabilities at a great price per CPU. It's an essential tool set addition for senior level architects and others at larger organizations with Big Data initiatives, or even for a DBA or ETL guy trying to get into Hadoop."
- Download Pentaho Data Integration and BI Suite Hadoop.
- Learn how Pentaho makes Hadoop easy and more about Pentaho's new partnerships with Cloudera, Amazon and Impetus.
- Read blog, Data, Data, Data, by Pentaho founder and CEO, Richard Daley on Business Intelligence from the Swamp.
- Visit the Pentaho digital newsroom - Find out what's new at Pentaho and join the conversation on our Blog, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Powerful business analytics are made easy with Pentaho's cost-effective suite for data access, visualization, integration, analysis and mining. For a free evaluation, download Pentaho Business Analytics at www.pentaho.com/get-started.
Pentaho Media Contact
US & Worldwide
Director of Corporate Communications