Pentaho Soars with Second Straight Record Quarter
Successes Include 177 Percent Increase in Enterprise Edition Customers, Launch of Industry-changing Product, Explosion in New OEM Partners
Orlando, FL, April 21, 2010 – Pentaho Corporation, the open source business intelligence (BI) leader, today announced its strongest quarter yet. Compared to Q1 2009, Pentaho had a 177 percent increase in new Enterprise Edition customers. Q1 2010, the second straight record quarter, also saw a record number of new OEM partners and the introduction of the revolutionary Pentaho Data Integration 4.0.
With a rapidly growing number of Enterprise Edition subscription customers and SaaS partners including newly announced Swissport, Fidelitone Logistics, SmartLead by AdTrack and High Touch, Inc., among others, Pentaho remains the premier provider of commercial open source BI and data integration solutions. But the company's recognition doesn't stop there. Pentaho received further endorsement this quarter, successfully going toe to toe with IBM and SAP in February's "Developing Your BI Tool Strategy and BI Bake-Off" at TDWI World Conference Las Vegas.
In addition to the 177 percent Enterprise Edition customer increase, Pentaho had a 229 percent growth in total bookings from Q1 2009 to Q1 2010 and finished Q1 2010 with the most successful quarter in company history for the second quarter in a row. This figure represents customers that have purchased an annual subscription to Pentaho Enterprise Edition products, not simply product downloads or the purchase of documentation, training or per-incident support. A sampling of the Enterprise Edition customers signed in Q1 include:
- Postbank P.O.S. Transact GmbH
- Toyota Kreditbank GmbH
- In March, Pentaho announced Pentaho Data Integration 4.0, a major product milestone in the company’s Agile BI initiative. The industry’s first integrated design environment for BI collapses all the steps from data integration and data modeling through end user visualization, so developers and business users can work side by side to build and deploy BI applications in minutes or hours rather than weeks or months.
- Immediately following the launch of Pentaho Data Integration 4.0, Pentaho set internal records for most unique website visitors, most product downloads, most community forum traffic, and most attendees to a Pentaho webcast – demonstrating growing Pentaho brand recognition as well as increasing interest in the company’s products.
- Q1 saw a continuation of last year’s explosion in Pentaho cloud, SaaS and OEM partners, including MICROS Systems, Inc.
- The company now has 28 Gold Resellers worldwide, and several of these have shifted to focusing solely on Pentaho. Pentaho’s Gold Reseller program ensures that customers receive excellent customer service anywhere in the world.
- In response to rising user demand in Europe, South America and Asia, Pentaho expanded its international training program during Q1.
Deep Management Bench
Pentaho continues to add the industry’s best and brightest to its executive team and board of directors. In Q1, Rob Bearden was appointed executive chairman of the board. Bearden, a luminary in the commercial open source software industry, most recently served as the president and chief operating officer of SpringSource before it was acquired by VMware.
QUOTES AND MULTIMEDIA
“The power, flexibility and maturity of Pentaho’s commercial open source BI suite makes it the perfect choice for organizations looking for a competitive edge as they take advantage of the economic recovery,” said Richard Daley, founder and CEO of Pentaho. “With our Agile BI initiative and revolutionary products like Pentaho Data Integration 4.0, we now stand alone, offering the only comprehensive BI solution that delivers dramatically faster time to value. Only Pentaho enables developers and business users to work together to build, validate, adapt and deploy applications quicker than ever before.”
Multimedia elements such as headshots, screenshots and demonstrations can be found in Pentaho’s digital newsroom.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Powerful business analytics are made easy with Pentaho's cost-effective suite for data access, visualization, integration, analysis and mining. For a free evaluation, download Pentaho Business Analytics at www.pentaho.com/get-started.
Pentaho Media Contact
US & Worldwide
Director of Corporate Communications