Pentaho and Splunk Partner to Unlock Big Data Value from Machine Generated Data
Extends Splunk Machine Data Insights to Business Users with Pentaho’s Big Data Visualization and Data Integration
August 7, 2013, Orlando, FL —
Pentaho Corporation, the leader in big data analytics and data integration, today announced an alliance with Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) to provide a powerful big data analytics solution that makes it easy for business users to unlock value from machine data generated by websites, applications, servers, storage, network, mobile and other devices, including system sensors. The combined solution, Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk® Enterprise, enables business users to utilize Pentaho to rapidly visualize and gain additional insights from Splunk’s machine data platform using existing in-house skills.
“Users can download Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk Enterprise from Splunkbase, to be able to combine Splunk machine data with a variety of other traditional Pentaho data sources. The bi-directional integration lets business users access, explore, analyze and visualize machine data to extract real, actionable information,” said Eddie White, executive vice president, business development at Pentaho. “Our alliance with Splunk will make it much faster and easier for users to manage and gain insight from this highly valuable source of data, combined with other data for context.”
Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk provides users with:
- Enrichment of data across the enterprise – Pentaho connects Splunk Enterprise to RDBMS, Hadoop, NoSQL and enterprise application data, extending analysis of machine generated data to the business user. Joint customers can export machine data from Splunk Enterprise, or import data via Pentaho into Splunk software for additional context.
- "Business Class" visualizations and analytics – The Reporting and visualization capabilities within Splunk Enterprise are extended with Pentaho’s self serve/ad-hoc business analytics capabilities that are complementary to the existing Splunk visualizations.
- One unified platform for data integration and business analytics – A platform designed to help integrate a wide range of business and other data sources for analytics in either Splunk software or Pentaho.
"As the leading platform for operational intelligence, Splunk Enterprise is the de facto standard for IT and business to monitor, analyze and visualize machine data. However, BI analyst teams work with other datasets and visualizations, and that is why our alliance with Pentaho is so important,” said Eddie Satterly, big data evangelist, Splunk. “We are excited to collaborate with Pentaho to enable business users to gain new insights from exploding volumes of machine-generated data alongside other structured data sources. This integration, made possible by the Splunk SDK for Java, gives BI analysts new business insights from new data sources in a familiar interface to deliver greater value to the enterprise”
- Download Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk Enterprise
- Learn more about the Pentaho and Splunk alliance
- Follow Pentaho on Twitter @Pentaho and read the Pentaho blog at http://blog.pentaho.com/
About Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company
Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT, enabling them to find new revenue streams, operate more efficiently, deliver outstanding service and minimize risk. Pentaho has over 15,000 product deployments and 1,500 commercial customers today including ABN-AMRO Clearing, EMC, Landmark Halliburton, Moody's, NASDAQ, RichRelevance, and Staples. For more information visit www.pentaho.com.