Pentaho Furthers Innovation in Big Data Integration and Launches Pentaho Labs
June 26, 2013, San Jose. CA —
HADOOP SUMMIT - Delivering the future of analytics, Pentaho Corporation today introduced a new adaptive big data layer in its platform that accelerates access and integration to the latest versions and capabilities of popular big data stores. It also announced a “think tank” called Pentaho Labs for innovating breakthrough big data-driven technologies in areas such as predictive and real-time analytics.
The Pentaho adaptive big data layer supports Hadoop distributions from Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR and Intel, as well as popular NoSQL databases Cassandra and MongoDB, and introduces support for Splunk. With Pentaho, data can be accessed once then processed, combined and consumed anywhere. These new Pentaho big data innovations bring greater flexibility, insulation from change and increased competitive advantage to companies facing the relentless evolution of the big data ecosystem.
According to Richard Daley, founder and chief strategy officer at Pentaho, “The relatively breakneck speed at which big data analytics technology evolves as compared to the relational world is paralyzing many companies. The innovations we’re announcing today overcome this paralysis and allow companies to keep their big data technology options open, reduce risk and save considerable development time while taking advantage of the latest innovations in popular Big Data stores.”
Pentaho Adaptive Big Data Layer
Pentaho Business Analytics can literally plug into leading edge big data technologies with an advanced adaptive big data layer that supports the latest versions of Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and specialized big data stores. New capabilities include:
- Hadoop distributions: Pentaho’s new adaptive big data layer supports the following Hadoop distributions: Cloudera CDH 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.2.0, 4.2.1; Intel’s IDH 2.3; Horton’s HDP 1.2.x and MapR 2.0.x and 2.1.x.
- NoSQL databases: Pentaho also delivers support for the latest features in MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Splunk: Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most pervasive segments of big data. Pentaho’s new Splunk adapter allows reading and writing data to Splunk Enterprise.
New Pentaho Labs
Pentaho Labs, led by Richard Daley, is staffed with top industry experts and a renowned data scientist to incubate breakthrough advanced analytic capabilities driven by big data. Pentaho Labs encourages seeding of new approaches and technologies that can over time be merged into the Pentaho roadmap based on market demand.
Register for the monthly Pentaho Lab Lecture Series
According to Krishna Roy, BI and Analytics Analyst at 451 Research, “We are talking to many companies who are very interested in big data analytics, but lack the knowledge, skills and resources to keep up with the rapid pace of change in the ecosystem or even get started. Pentaho recognizes this and today’s announcements help lower the barriers to entry and accelerate innovation.
Multimedia and Resources
- Learn more about Pentaho Labs and the Pentaho Adaptive Big Data Layer
- Register for the monthly Pentaho Lab Lecture Series
- Visit Pentaho in booth #54 at Hadoop Summit, in San Jose June 26-27 to see more innovations such as Instaview Templates of the Week, Advanced Visualizations, Predictive Analytics, and Real time analytics.
- Follow Pentaho on Twitter @Pentaho and read the Pentaho blog at http://blog.pentaho.com/
About Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company
Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT, enabling them to find new revenue streams, operate more efficiently, deliver outstanding service and minimize risk. Pentaho has over 15,000 product deployments and 1,500 commercial customers today including ABN-AMRO Clearing, EMC, Landmark Halliburton, Moody's, NASDAQ, RichRelevance, and Staples. For more information visit www.pentaho.com.