Pentaho Announces Instant, Interactive Capabilities for Big Data and Mobile
Pentaho Business Analytics includes the industry’s first instant big data discovery application and unique interactive mobile business analytic capabilities
November 6, 2012, Orlando, FL —
Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation today announced major new capabilities in Pentaho’s complete data integration and business analytics platform including Instaview, the industry’s first instant big data discovery application and Pentaho Mobile, with the unique capability to create new ad hoc analysis on the iPad.
Businesses are faced with the challenge to access and analyze a growing landslide of data flowing into their organizations and to make decisions from anywhere. To move from data to decisions in an instant and improve interactive capabilities for all users whether IT developers, data analysts, or business users, Pentaho has included the following new innovative capabilities in Pentaho Business Analytics Enterprise Edition:
- Instaview, the first instant and interactive application for any big data. This new application dramatically reduces the time and complexity required for data analysts to discover, visualize and explore large volumes of diverse data in Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra, and HBase. Instaview broadens big data access to data analysts, removes the need for separate big data visualization tools and simplifies big data delivery and access management for IT. Learn about the new features and benefits of Pentaho Instaview.
- Pentaho Mobile, the only mobile BI with the unique capability to create new ad hoc analysis from the iPad. Pentaho Mobile brings business users the full capabilities of the Pentaho Business Analytics platform on the iPad, including instant and interactive analysis, rich visualization dashboards, reports and the power to create new analysis on the go. Pentaho’s mobile user experience and new personalization capabilities help decision makers better navigate and interact with their information wherever they are. Learn about the new features and benefits of Pentaho Mobile.
“The new release of Pentaho Business Analytics innovates to bring instant and interactive analytic capabilities to the broadest set of users including IT, developers, data analysts and business users,” said Jake Cornelius, senior vice president of products, Pentaho Corporation. “Pentaho Mobile puts business analytics on the iPad for anywhere-any time access, while our Instaview application provides a lens for data analysts to readily access, analyze and work with massive amounts of data.”
“Pentaho Mobile transcends the limits of most static mobile analytics offerings by delivering interactive capabilities, such as the creation of analytic reports on the iPad, for on-the-spot decision making,” said Stephen Davis, sales operation analyst, Digium. “With this release, Pentaho frees business users to make timely and informed decisions wherever they may be.”
"We are seeing a growing need for businessanalytics applications that not only provide access to data stored in Hadoop and NoSQL databases, but also enable interactive analysis of data stored in those platforms," said Matt Aslett, research manager, data management and analytics, 451 Research. "Pentaho Instaview is well-positioned to enable data analysts to use their existing skills to discover and unlock value from new data sources."
“Demand for Big Data solutions powered by Hadoop as the data management infrastructure are becoming mainstream,” said Tim Stevens, vice president of corporate strategy and development, Cloudera. “Enterprises demand flexible approaches to data exploration that are easy to deploy. As Cloudera sets the standard in the Enterprise for real-time queries based on Hadoop, integrating new technologies such as Instaview with Cloudera Impala brings innovative new value propositions to the world of data exploration that were not previously viable.“
- Learn more about Pentaho Business Analytics instant and interactive data discovery capabilities on the iPad and for big data.
- Attend the webinar: Introducing Pentaho 4.8: Big Data & Mobile Go Instant & Interactive. November 14, 2012 (or on demand).
- Download Pentaho Business Analytics and get started today with the instant and interactive capabilities.
- Read the blog, A Day of Choices that Impact the Future.
- Pentaho is hiring - seeking rock stars in the areas of engineering, support, services and sales.
- Join the conversation – follow @Pentaho, read our blog, join our LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
About Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company
Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT, enabling them to find new revenue streams, operate more efficiently, deliver outstanding service and minimize risk. Pentaho has over 15,000 product deployments and 1,500 commercial customers today including ABN-AMRO Clearing, EMC, Landmark Halliburton, Moody's, NASDAQ, RichRelevance, and Staples. For more information visit www.pentaho.com.