Pentaho Gears Up Analytics Platform for the Future of Big Data
Pentaho Business Analytics 5.0 greatly simplifies the entire analytics experience for everyone and delivers the industry's first just in time big data blending 'at the source'
Delivering the future of analytics, Pentaho Corporation announces the availability of Pentaho Business Analytics 5.0, a completely redesigned data integration and analytics platform. Pentaho 5.0 provides a full spectrum of analytics for today’s big data-driven businesses regardless of data type and volume, IT architecture or analysis required. The new, modern interface simplifies the user experience for all those working to turn data into competitive advantage. Pentaho 5.0 includes more than 250 new features and improvements. Highlights include:
Blended big data for more accurate insights
- More complete analysis - Big data becomes more valuable when blended with operational and other data sources to provide a more complete picture of the business. Pentaho 5.0 is the first platform to enable analysts to easily blend all data types and immediately report, visualize and explore for greater insights. Learn more about the value of blending big data - watch the video.
- Blended at the source for accuracy – Blending big data “at the source” maintains the appropriate level of data governance and security necessary for accurate and reliable analysis. In contrast, the more common end user blending “away from the source” approach lacks the ability to audit and cannot ensure correct inferences from the data. Pentaho 5.0 enables analysts to create cleansed, architected blends directly from diverse big data sources with the ease of use and real time access demanded in today’s agile analytics environments. For technical details on the advantages of data blending “at the source,” read Matt Casters blog.
- Just in time blending – Analysts working in distributed, virtualized data environments need accurate, near real-time big data blends for timely and accurate analysis. Typical end-user blending requires the staging of data, resulting in data sets that are often out of date. With the big data integration capabilities in Pentaho 5.0, analysts can confidently blend all data in near real-time and immediately analyze the results. Learn more about big data use cases for blending data to improve customer experience - watch the video.
Simplified analytics and user experience
- New Pentaho User Console and streamlined user interface - The Pentaho User Console is completely redesigned to significantly improve the user experience, so users can easily browse files, create new content, quickly access recent documents, mark ‘favorites,’ and more. See it here
- Re-designed experience for administrators – A new administrator perspective is now integrated into the Pentaho User Console for a single seamless experience. Administrators can easily configure and manage security levels, licensing and servers, resulting in improved efficiency and time to implementation. See it here
- Industry leading operational reporting for MongoDB – Pentaho 5.0 brings business analysts the most in-depth reporting platform for MongoDB, the industry’s most popular NoSQL database. Read the press release Pentaho Announces New Offering for MongoDB-based Big Data Analytics.
- Uniquely inspired custom dashboards - Executives and managers can view top-line metrics through Pentaho’s new custom-designed, insight-driven dashboards, delivered directly to desktops or mobile devices. See it here
Enterprise-ready big data integration
- Broadest and deepest big data integration – Up-to-date integrations and certifications for popular big data stores ensure businesses keep pace with ongoing changes in the big data ecosystem and are prepared for the future. New integrations include Splunk, Amazon Redshift, Cloudera Impala; certifications include MongoDB, Cassandra, DataStax, Cloudera, Intel, Hortonworks and MapR.
- New features help IT manage huge data volumes efficiently - New capabilities like job restart, roll back and load balancing are all included in Pentaho 5.0. Simplified Embedded Analytics
- New REST services for third-party application developers - Pentaho 5.0 includes new REST services for simplified embedding of analytics and reporting into web-deployed applications delivered ‘as-a-service’.
Pentaho’s CEO Quentin Gallivan commented, “With Pentaho 5.0, businesses striving to increase their competitive advantage with big data analytics can achieve greater accuracy with much simpler, faster processes at every critical stage. Pentaho 5.0 is the result of many years of intensive planning, research, conversations with customers and industry experts and hard work by some of the smartest people in the industry. We are immensely proud to bring this new platform to market to prepare innovative companies of all sizes for big data analytics efforts today and in the future.”
According to Tony Cosentino, VP & Research Director at Ventana Research, “We have identified five key analytic personas in the enterprise. Pentaho 5.0 offers benefits to all these roles and has developed functionality to help eliminate many of the common pain points that are holding back big data initiatives in companies of all sizes.”
Multimedia and Resources
- Learn more about Pentaho Business Analytics 5.0
- Register for the Pentaho 5.0 webinar - September 24, North America and EMEA
- Test drive Pentaho 5.0
- Read the blog by Quentin Gallivan, CEO of Pentaho - Pentaho 5.0: geared up for every stage on the journey to the data-driven business
- Follow Pentaho on Twitter @Pentaho
About Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company
Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT, enabling them to find new revenue streams, operate more efficiently, deliver outstanding service and minimize risk. Pentaho has over 15,000 product deployments and 1,500 commercial customers today including ABN-AMRO Clearing, EMC, Landmark Halliburton, Moody's, NASDAQ, RichRelevance, and Staples. For more information visit www.pentaho.com.