Technical Support Rep - Level 1
Job OverviewResponsible for providing first level technical support and resolution concerning software, network, and database related incidents, questions, and issues relating to the suite of software offered. This position interacts directly with the customer via Phone, Email, Web portal, and Remote Connections. This is to ensure the customer experience, expectations, and service level agreements are being achieved to the highest levels.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incident tickets and work request tickets for software, database, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Assesses tickets/events to collect information about incidents and initiates initial diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Troubleshoots problems with operating systems, network access and a variety of software applications.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to Level 2 and or any other appropriate team.
- Documenting and escalating software defects to the Engineering department.
- Defines and classifies level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue.
- Responsible for opening, tracking and closing trouble tickets (where appropriate).
- Ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction. Tracks activities of field engineers to who tickets were assigned for important level tickets.
- Continuous use and available knowledge and documentation resource and contribution of knowledge to those resources.
- Must be willing to work shift work and rotating on call weekends and or holidays.
- Typically requires associates degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent and two to four years of related experience
- 2+ Years working in a software support position
- Strong Verbal and Written communication excellent customer service skills
- Experience and knowledge of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting software related issues. Including Databases, OS (Linux/Mac/Windows), and Web Application Servers.
- 2+ Years working on Linux/Unix/Mac
- 2+ Years working with Business intelligence software
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.