Technical Support Engineer
Pentaho is looking for an individual who is a talented and excellent troubleshooter with exceptional communications skills.
This individual is the first point of contact for customers and will interact directly with the customer to troubleshoot, document defects or enhancements, and answer a wide variety of technical and best practices questions related to Pentaho’s business intelligence and data integrations products.
You will work closely with other teams within Pentaho such as QA, Engineering, Professional Services, Sales and others.
We rely on our customer support team members to strive to be the best technical support team among the business intelligence community.
- Provide general product support for installation, configuration, and implementation of the Pentaho Software Suite in a timely manner with a high level of communication and appropriate establishment of expectations.
- Document defects and enhancement requests for the customer
- Communicating effectively with the Pentaho Engineering and Product Management teams to reproduce, resolve and document support cases as an advocate for the customer
- Maintaining an accurate and complete description of cases managed through Pentaho's case tracking and problem management system.
- Contributing knowledge on a regular basis to the Pentaho Knowledge Base, FAQs, examples and how-to’s for publication for customers and the company knowledge system.
The right candidate for this position enjoys providing support to other IT professionals in a fast-paced environment with lots of technical variety.
- Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relations databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
- Hands-on experience on one of the following core technologies including:
- Web development tools like Java, JSP, XML, HTML, JDBC/JNDI, and others
- Operating Systems like Linux, Windows, Solaris, and others
- Application servers like Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic and others
- Databases like Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, BigData, and others
- Excellent analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Quick Learner
- Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems (both individually and within a team setting)
- Ability to interact effectively and empathize with customers
- Prior experience (2+ years) installing, administering and maintaining computer systems and applications in an enterprise IT environment
- B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university (may substitute an Associate’s degree plus 4 additional years of experience)
- Passion to explore new technologies
- A sense of urgency when interacting with customers
- Ability to manage customer expectations
- Understanding of the importance and value of good communication
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple active support cases, effectively “switch gears” and manage multiple time-critical tasks
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in multiple languages (English, French, German, Spanish) a plus
- Professional technical certifications a plus
- Experience deploying Business Intelligence (BI) related software and/or building reports within BI related software is a big plus.
About Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company
Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT, enabling them to find new revenue streams, operate more efficiently, deliver outstanding service and minimize risk. Pentaho has over 15,000 product deployments and 1,500 commercial customers today including ABN-AMRO Clearing, EMC, Landmark Halliburton, Moody's, NASDAQ, RichRelevance, and Staples. For more information visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.