Strategic Solution Architect (multiple openings)
DepartmentEnterprise Architecture Group
Job OverviewPentaho Solution Architects are technical champions and evangelists who guide customers through their implementation of a business intelligence solution using Pentaho. Members of the Enterprise Architecture team provide going architectural guidance to customers and serve as a customer advocate to Pentaho Services, Product Development, Support and to the executive staff. These individuals are customer and sales oriented, are capable of independently developing sophisticated business analytics and data integration solutions, serving as the technical project manager for complex implementations, and present technical solutions to broad audiences. The right candidate for this position has a proven track record as a principle consultant with superior technical skills, the ability to lead small teams and to manage strategic client relationships
- Coordinate technical kick-off sessions by providing detailed product architecture overviews and determining the customer's design, integration, and development plans.
- Coordinate weekly summary sessions with the customer’s project leader by reviewing status of pending / old outstanding items, analyzing new ongoing issues, and establishing weekly action items.
- Coordinate review meetings with Pentaho’s senior technical resources. These meetings provide customers with status updates on Pentaho’s product roadmap, release schedules, and specific product features that are relevant to their Pentaho applications.
- Research and resolve installation, configuration, deployment, and upgrade issues; act as advocate for customer and liaison to Pentaho’s Engineering, Product Management, and Support organizations.
- Assist with architecture, design, development, integration, performance tuning, rollout, support, and optimization of customer’s implementation of Pentaho products.
- Mentor customer's staff members in the use of Pentaho technologies and best practices.
- Coordinate delivery of any onsite consulting / training services that customer has purchased to be correctly aligned to the global architecture of the solution.
- Develop sample applications demonstrating the use of Pentaho product's advanced functionality and APIs.
- Identify best practices and develop content for training courses and the Pentaho knowledge base.
- Participate in the onboarding and mentoring of other consultants.
- Requires 10% short periods of domestic and international travel to client sites and company offices.
- Work from home permitted.
Required SkillsBachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, CIS, or related field, PLUS five (5) years progressive experience working with business intelligence and data integration tools and development processes. Experience must include five (5) years’ experience with each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Web and database application development tools, standards, and languages;
- Core infrastructure technologies including operating systems, application servers, relational databases, security architectures, and networking; and
- Performing architect-level design for large scale end-user implementations.
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.