Sr. Sales Engineer
Sales Engineers are the stage performers of the IT world: immensely capable, adaptable, confident, excellent communicators who are equally cool in front of large crowds and intimate groups. Sales Engineers work closely with Pentaho Account Managers to demonstrate the breadth and depth of Pentaho products and services. These individuals are customer-oriented and capable of answering a wide variety of questions related to business intelligence and data integration.
- Providing general product information, installation and configuration support to evaluators
- Interviewing prospects to determine business and technical requirements
- Creating POCs and demonstrating features and solutions that link to prospect requirements
- Contributing knowledge on a regular basis, both internally and via Pentaho's public communication channels
- Creative troubleshooting of issues that require solutions or innovative work-a-rounds
- Demonstrating the entire BI suite
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Customer-focused work habits and attention to detail
- Open and proactive approach to interpersonal communication
- Ability to quickly learn new Pentaho products and technical environments
- Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems
- Creativity and Imagination – the ability to think out-side the box
- Excellent time-management skills
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
- B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university (may substitute an Associate degree plus 4 additional years of experience)
- Major or minor in computer science or MIS a plus
About Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company
Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT, enabling them to find new revenue streams, operate more efficiently, deliver outstanding service and minimize risk. Pentaho has over 15,000 product deployments and 1,500 commercial customers today including ABN-AMRO Clearing, EMC, Landmark Halliburton, Moody's, NASDAQ, RichRelevance, and Staples. For more information visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.