Sr. Sales Engineer
Sales Engineers are the stage performers of the IT world: immensely capable, adaptable, confident, excellent communicators who are equally cool in front of large crowds and intimate groups. Sales Engineers work closely with Pentaho Account Managers to demonstrate the breadth and depth of Pentaho products and services. These individuals are customer-oriented and capable of answering a wide variety of questions related to business intelligence and data integration.
- Providing general product information, installation and configuration support to evaluators
- Interviewing prospects to determine business and technical requirements
- Creating POCs and demonstrating features and solutions that link to prospect requirements
- Contributing knowledge on a regular basis, both internally and via Pentaho's public communication channels
- Creative troubleshooting of issues that require solutions or innovative work-a-rounds
- Demonstrating the entire BI suite
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Customer-focused work habits and attention to detail
- Open and proactive approach to interpersonal communication
- Ability to quickly learn new Pentaho products and technical environments
- Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems
- Creativity and Imagination – the ability to think out-side the box
- Excellent time-management skills
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
- B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university (may substitute an Associate degree plus 4 additional years of experience)
- Major or minor in computer science or MIS a plus
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.