DepartmentEnterprise Architecture Group
Pentaho Solution Architects are technical champions and evangelists who guide customers through their implementation of a business intelligence solution using Pentaho. Members of the Enterprise Architecture team provide going architectural guidance to customers and serve as a customer advocate to Pentaho Services, Product Development, Support and to the executive staff. These individuals are customer and sales oriented, are capable of independently developing sophisticated business analytics and data integration solutions, serving as the technical project manager for complex implementations, and present technical solutions to broad audiences. The right candidate for this position has a proven track record as a principle consultant with superior technical skills, the ability to lead small teams and to manage strategic client relationships.
- Coordinates technical kick-off sessions by providing detailed product architecture overviews and determining the customer's design, integration and development plans.
- Coordinates review meetings with Pentaho’s senior technical resources. These meetings provide customers with status updates on Pentaho’s product roadmap, release schedules and specific product features that are relevant to their Pentaho applications.
- Researches and resolves installation, configuration, deployment and upgrade issues; acts as advocate for customer and liaison to Pentaho’s Engineering, Product Management and Support organizations.
- Assists with architecture, design, development, integration, performance tuning, rollout, support and optimization of customer’s implementation of Pentaho products.
- Mentors customer's staff members in the use of Pentaho technologies and best practices.
- Coordinates delivery of any onsite consulting / training services that customer has purchased.
- Develops sample applications demonstrating the use of Pentaho product's advanced functionality and APIs.
- Identifies and develops internally and externally-facing best practices.
- Participates in the onboarding and mentoring of other architects.
- Superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to support multiple customers with minimal supervision.
- Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues.
- Ability to explain Pentaho products, technical benefits and integration points to management and technical audiences.
- Familiarity with commercial open source business and licensing models.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior ISV consulting, software development, and\or pre-sales experience.
- 7-10 years experience working with business intelligence and data integration tools and development processes such as dimensional modeling.
- 7-10 years experience working with web and database application development tools, standards and languages including SQL, MDX, XML, and HTML.
- 5-7 years experience working with core infrastructure technologies such as operating systems (Linux, Windows, Solaris), application servers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic), relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL), security architectures (Spring Security, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory) and networking (HTTP/SSL/load balancing).
- 3-5 years experience performing architect-level design for large scale end-user implementations.Preference will be given to candidates with SaaS/multi-tenancy, benchmarking and performance tuning expertise
- Familiarity with Java software development, enterprise software architectures, agile methodologies, and no-SQL and big data are a strong plus.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, computer science or MIS required.
- Masters degree in business, computer science or MIS a strong plus
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, French, German) a plus.