Software Quality Engineer
This position will work as a member of the Pentaho Software Engineering Department as a Software Engineer for the Quality team. The primary focus will be on testing the Mondrian engine. Qualified individuals must have a solid background in software development, automation of manual processes, server management, and automated testing frameworks. The successful candidate will work with engineering leadership, product management, and the quality engineers to enhance and advance the automated and manual testing effort for the Pentaho software suite.
Reports to: QA Manager
Job Type: Salary
- Perform technical tasks required to create and maintain the QA Lab environment
- Create and maintain a set of automated test scripts (using Java, JUnit, Groovy, Perl, Shell script, etc.) to validate UI-based software, non-UI-based software, and build related processes
- Administer servers and software being used by the QA team and Software Engineers for test scenarios and testing tools
- Participate with the software engineering team in the execution of manual test scripts prior to software release
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
- Support customers, partners, and the open source community
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects
- Rough time allocation: 60% creating / maintaining automated testing scripts; 25% server and software maintenance; 15% writing and executing manual test scripts
- 3+ Years of Java software development experience
- Experience with SQL and an understanding of relational databases and architecture
- Experience working with JDBC drivers
- Experience installing and configuring Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with virtualization software
- Experience with application servers such as Apache Tomcat and JBoss
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit and Cactus
- 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
- Skilled in navigating the dynamics of working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and concepts including ETL, OLAP, Charting, Dashboards, and Reporting
- Knowledge of OLAP systems.
- Knowledge of the MDX query language.
- Knowledge of a Mondrian schema file.
- Knowledge of Mondrian`s general architecture (Schemas, DB connections, Roles)
- Knowledge of Git.
- Understanding of agile or other iterative software development methodologies
- Experience with Massive Parallel Processing (MPP) Systems such as Hadoop
- Background in QA processes and procedures
- Ability to manage build environment
- Ability to maintain test data sources such as databases
- Ability to exercise a program API to ensure data accuracy
- Knowledge of NoSQL database types
- Understanding of data caching concepts
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.