Senior Web Engineer
- Develop and test clean, concise, internationalized user interfaces.
- Develop and test Java software components and classes as part of the Engineering Team using the Scrum development process.
- Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues.
- Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation.
- Mentor and advise junior team members.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team.
- Support consultants, partners, and the open source community.
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Comprehensive, hands-on experience in more than one of the following technologies:
- HTML, HTML5
- CSS, CSS3
- Sencha Touch
- Some working knowledge and experience with the following:
- Java UI technologies (GWT, SWT, Swing)
- Web Service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
- Relational databases and architecture
- Scalability analysis, performance monitoring, and measuring techniques
- Build related tools such as Ant, Ivy, and/or Maven
- Continuous Integration
- Test Driven Development using JUnit and Mockito
- Java, or similar, Object Oriented Programming
- Understanding of software development best practices and design patterns
- Quick ability to understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate them to technical implementation
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
- Skilled in navigating the dynamics of working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts including ETL, OLAP, and Reporting
- Experience with application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere, and/or BEA WebLogic
- Experience with RDBMS systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, H2, HSQLDB, SQL Server, and/or Oracle
- Experience with ORM tools such as Hibernate
- Understanding of agile or other iterative software development methodologies
- Knowledge of Big Data an NoSQL technologies