Senior Web Engineer
- Develop and test clean, concise, internationalized user interfaces.
- Develop and test Java software components and classes as part of the Engineering Team using the Scrum development process.
- Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues.
- Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation.
- Mentor and advise junior team members.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team.
- Support consultants, partners, and the open source community.
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Comprehensive, hands-on experience in more than one of the following technologies:
- HTML, HTML5
- CSS, CSS3
- Sencha Touch
- Some working knowledge and experience with the following:
- Java UI technologies (GWT, SWT, Swing)
- Web Service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
- Relational databases and architecture
- Scalability analysis, performance monitoring, and measuring techniques
- Build related tools such as Ant, Ivy, and/or Maven
- Continuous Integration
- Test Driven Development using JUnit and Mockito
- Java, or similar, Object Oriented Programming
- Understanding of software development best practices and design patterns
- Quick ability to understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate them to technical implementation
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
- Skilled in navigating the dynamics of working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts including ETL, OLAP, and Reporting
- Experience with application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere, and/or BEA WebLogic
- Experience with RDBMS systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, H2, HSQLDB, SQL Server, and/or Oracle
- Experience with ORM tools such as Hibernate
- Understanding of agile or other iterative software development methodologies
- Knowledge of Big Data an NoSQL technologies
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.