Senior Usability/UX Researcher
Job OverviewAs a motivated, self-starter, a Pentaho Usability/UX Researcher plans and conducts user research studies across the product cycle, from concept phase to post-launch evaluation. Being an advocate for users and user experience research within the Pentaho product team involves the use of a wide range of research methods, with a significant focus on conducting research to understand user needs, motivations and behaviors. UX researchers are also expected to translate research findings into actionable user centered design and product recommendations; then communicate and present the artifacts in a clear and impactful way, to cross-functional teams. They are flexible, enjoy multitasking, working directly with customers and focus groups, and must be able to adapt to Pentaho’s fast-paced, agile environment.
- Participate in strategic research planning and identify the research programs
- Facilitate and implement early stage research and product definition leveraging various research methods involving activities, including ethnographic studies, interviews, personas, design principles, workshops
- Design and conduct user research, including lab-based usability studies, and usability inspections (heuristic evaluations or cognitive walkthroughs)
- Work with Product Management and User Experience peers for requirements and implementation details focused on making recommendations to develop wireframe prototypes of user interaction and deliver refined mockups of concepts
- Define and document findings and research methods
- Travel to conduct research visits with our customers is required
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, including knowledge of a wide range of UX research methods and techniques, such as lab-based field research, usability studies, usability inspections, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, experiment design
- Excellent analytical ability, especially with regard to observation of user behavior
- Strong oral and written communication skills; can present findings concisely and effectively
- Solid understanding of web/mobile/desktop software standards, trends, techniques, and best practices
- Effectively prioritize and self-manage workload based on team goals
- Experience working with agile mythology
- Collaborate with distributed teams
- Proficiency with usability testing software such as Morae
- Familiarity with layout, graphic design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Axure
- Portfolio/work samples required and should be included with resume
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
- BA/BS degree or greater
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.