Senior Technical Support Engineer
Pentaho is looking for an individual who is a talented and excellent troubleshooter with exceptional communications skills.
This individual is the first point of contact for customers and will interact directly with the customer to troubleshoot, document defects or enhancements. You will be answering a wide variety of technical and best practices questions related to Pentaho’s business intelligence and data integrations products.
You will work closely with other teams within Pentaho such as QA, Engineering, Professional Services, Sales and others.
We rely on our customer support team members to strive to be the best technical support team among the business intelligence community.
- Provide general product support for installation, configuration, and implementation of the Pentaho Software Suite in a timely manner with a high level of communication and appropriate establishment of expectations.
- Document defects and enhancement requests for the customer
- Communicating effectively with the Pentaho Engineering and Product Management teams to test, reproduce, resolve and document support cases as an advocate for the customer
- Maintaining an accurate and complete description of cases managed through Pentaho's case tracking and problem management system.
- Contributing knowledge on a regular basis to the Pentaho Knowledge Base, FAQs, examples and how-to’s for publication for customers and the company knowledge system.
- Mentor and support Junior Support Engineers on assigned topics and cases
The right candidate for this position enjoys providing support to other IT professionals in a fast-paced environment with lots of technical variety.
- Professional experience in maintaining, developing, or troubleshooting data-driven enterprise applications connected to databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
- Hands-on experience across the following core technologies including:
- Web development tools like Java, JSP, XML, HTML, JDBC/JNDI, and others
- Operating Systems like Linux, Windows, Solaris, and others
- Application servers like Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic and others
- Databases like Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, BigData, and others
- Excellent analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Quick Learner
- Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems (both individually and within a team setting)
- Ability to interact effectively and empathize with customers
- Significant prior experience (6+ years) installing, administering and maintaining computer systems and applications in an enterprise IT environment
- 2 years of Business intelligence background (Reporting, ETL and/or OLAP)
- Experience with security systems and LDAP
- B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university (may substitute an Associate’s degree plus 4 additional years of experience)
- Passion to explore new technologies
- A sense of urgency when interacting with customers
- Ability to manage customer expectations
- Understanding of the importance and value of good communication
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple active support cases, effectively “switch gears” and manage multiple time-critical tasks
- Attention to detail
Other Knowledge Skills etc.
- Fluency in multiple languages (English, French, German, Spanish) a plus
- Major or minor in computer science or MIS a plus
- Professional technical certifications a plus
- Business intelligence background (Reporting, ETL and/or OLAP)
- Experience deploying Business Intelligence (BI) related software and/or building reports within BI related software is a big plus.
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.