(Senior) Product Marketing Managers
Pentaho is actively looking for energetic and creative out-of-the-box thinking, solutions-oriented product marketing managers to help revolutionize a ten billion dollar big data and business analytics market place. The ideal candidate has the experience, drive and discipline for this hands-on, multi-faceted and dynamic marketing position.
The key objective of this position is to create and drive the positioning, messaging, pricing and packaging, for both new and existing business analytics offerings. This role will also help to implement the strategy and manage the planning efforts to accelerate customer demand, through market research, competitive analysis and outreach to the key market influencers in the media, industry analysts, and blogging communities. This is a very out-bound oriented Product Marketing role – the successful candidate must be extremely comfortable working closely with our customers, our communities, and key influencers.
The (Senior) Product Marketing Manager will be both the strategist and implementer of product positioning and go-to-market strategies to support Pentaho’s sales organization. This includes developing content for sales training and tools, marketing and web assets. This person will work closely with the senior executive team and functional departments including Demand Generation, PR/AR, Product Management, Services and Sales to proactively support our direct sales and partner channels.
Although a plus for the candidate to have knowledge and expertise in big data, data integration, or business analytics, most important is understanding and articulating the business value our customers are achieving with our products. The candidate must be able to move beyond traditional features/benefits product marketing and take a solutions and customer-oriented approach when articulating Pentaho value.
This position offers excellent opportunities for growth and increasing responsibilities based on performance and company momentum.
Manage Product Marketing area with an emphasis on strong outbound communications, business planning and program implementation responsibilities:
- Perform market research and competitive analysis to understand and effectively communicate the business analytics and big data market dynamics and customer needs, and how Pentaho delivers the optimal solution
- Be a strong advocate and spokesperson for Pentaho’s products and services in blogs, industry forums, AR/PR activities and relationships
- Create Product Marketing plans, including market segmentation, positioning, packaging and pricing alternatives for our business analytics platform
- Effectively plan and execute detailed cross-organizational product launch plans
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure current and emerging market requirements are represented in product roadmaps and releases
- Be facile with the Pentaho product set – ability to demo the product, highlight advantages, build appropriate use cases
- Create product collateral, including white papers, website content, case studies, data sheets and presentations for outbound communication, demand generation and sales efforts
Results-driven marketer with a proven ability to deliver commitments on time while achieving or exceeding business goals:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related product marketing and/or solution marketing experience, with a track record of implementing effective marketing programs
- Expertise and a proven track record of successfully marketing business analytics a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, technical or related field; MBA is a plus
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Must love to create great content for external use
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and specifically execute product launches influencing co-workers while fostering strong working relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation skills
- Objectivity and openness to others' views and continuously builds a positive team spirit
- Hates to lose; loves to win