Senior Java Software Engineer
This position will work as a member of the Software Engineering team to develop and maintain all parts of the Pentaho Open Source Business Intelligence software suite. Qualified individuals must have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, large scale data processing, performance tuning and user interface design. The successful candidate will work with architects, product management, usability, quality, documentation, and the open source community to enhance and advance all portions of the Pentaho software suite.
- Develop and test Java software components and classes as part of the Engineering Team using the Scrum development process
- Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues
- Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation
- Mentor and advise junior team members
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
- Support consultants, partners, and the open source community
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects
- Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relations databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
- Hands-on experience on one of the following core technologies including:
- 5+ Years experience in Java Object Oriented Programming experience
- Experience with SQL and an understanding of relational databases and architecture
- Experience with scalability analysis and performance monitoring and measuring techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded / multi-user server-side software development
- Experience with web service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux
- Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
- Experience with build related tools such as Ant, Ivy, and/or Maven
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit and Mockito
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
- Skilled in navigating the dynamics of working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- Experience working with Data Integration / ETL and Big Data concepts
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts including ETL, OLAP, and Reporting
- Experience with application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere, and/or BEA WebLogic
- Experience with RDBMS systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, H2, HSQLDB, and/or Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with ORM tools such as Hibernate
- Understanding of agile or other iterative software development methodologies
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.