Pentaho Senior Consultants deliver end-to-end implementation services to OEM and enterprise accounts. These individuals are customer-oriented and capable of independently developing sophisticated BI and data integration solutions. The right candidates for this position have proven track records as experienced consultants with superior technical skills and the ability to ensure each client's long-term success. Preference will be given to candidates residing in North America, the UK and Western Europe who have a minimum of two year's experience implementing Pentaho products.
- Assists Engagement Managers with scoping, including validation of requirements and time estimates
- Conducts technical orientation sessions using documentation and training materials
- Designs and implements BI and data integration solutions using Pentaho development methodologies
- Mentors customer's staff members in the use of Pentaho product features
- Researches and resolves installation, configuration, deployment and upgrade issues; acts as advocate for customer and liaison to Pentaho’s Engineering, Product Management and Support organizations
- Assists Enterprise Architects with the design, development, integration, performance tuning, roll-out, support and optimization of customer implementations of Pentaho products
- Identifies best practices and develops content for training courses and the Pentaho Knowledge Base
- Assist the continued development of the Pentaho Consultancy Practice by mentoring other consultants, contributing to our knowledge base and training content, and improving the Pentaho development methodologies.
- Assist with the continued development of the Pentaho Consultancy Practice by mentoring other consultants, contributing to our knowledge base and training content, and improving our methods and best practices.
- 5-8 years experience working with business intelligence and data integration tools and development processes such as dimensional modeling
- 5-8 years experience in data modeling (e.g., ER-modeling, dimensional modeling and/or data vault)
- 3-5 years experience working with core infrastructure technologies such as operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris), application servers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic), relational databases databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server), and/or column store databases (e.g., Vertica, LucidDB), security architectures (e.g. CAS, Spring Security, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory) and networking (e.g. HTTP/SSL/load balancing)
- 1-3 years experience performing architect-level design for large scale deployments of end-user applications
- Experience with two or more well known BI/data integration tools such as: Pentaho, Jasper, Business Objects, Cognos, Microsoft, Microstrategy, or Oracle.
- Preference will be given to candidates with benchmarking and performance tuning expertise
- Familiarity with or experience \ education in Java software development, enterprise software architectures, and agile methodologies are a strong plus
- Fluent in English. Additional languages (Spanish, French, German Italian) a plus
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, computer science or MIS required
- Masters degree in business, computer science or MIS a strong plus
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.