Pentaho Senior Consultants deliver end-to-end implementation services to OEM and enterprise accounts. These individuals are customer-oriented and capable of independently developing sophisticated BI and data integration solutions. The right candidates for this position have proven track records as experienced consultants with superior technical skills and the ability to ensure each client's long-term success. Preference will be given to candidates residing in North America, the UK and Western Europe who have a minimum of two year's experience implementing Pentaho products.
- Assists Engagement Managers with scoping, including validation of requirements and time estimates
- Conducts technical orientation sessions using documentation and training materials
- Designs and implements BI and data integration solutions using Pentaho development methodologies
- Mentors customer's staff members in the use of Pentaho product features
- Researches and resolves installation, configuration, deployment and upgrade issues; acts as advocate for customer and liaison to Pentaho’s Engineering, Product Management and Support organizations
- Assists Enterprise Architects with the design, development, integration, performance tuning, roll-out, support and optimization of customer implementations of Pentaho products
- Identifies best practices and develops content for training courses and the Pentaho Knowledge Base
- Assist the continued development of the Pentaho Consultancy Practice by mentoring other consultants, contributing to our knowledge base and training content, and improving the Pentaho development methodologies.
- Assist with the continued development of the Pentaho Consultancy Practice by mentoring other consultants, contributing to our knowledge base and training content, and improving our methods and best practices.
- 5-8 years experience working with business intelligence and data integration tools and development processes such as dimensional modeling
- 5-8 years experience in data modeling (e.g., ER-modeling, dimensional modeling and/or data vault)
- 3-5 years experience working with core infrastructure technologies such as operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris), application servers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic), relational databases databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server), and/or column store databases (e.g., Vertica, LucidDB), security architectures (e.g. CAS, Spring Security, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory) and networking (e.g. HTTP/SSL/load balancing)
- 1-3 years experience performing architect-level design for large scale deployments of end-user applications
- Experience with two or more well known BI/data integration tools such as: Pentaho, Jasper, Business Objects, Cognos, Microsoft, Microstrategy, or Oracle.
- Preference will be given to candidates with benchmarking and performance tuning expertise
- Familiarity with or experience \ education in Java software development, enterprise software architectures, and agile methodologies are a strong plus
- Fluent in English. Additional languages (Spanish, French, German Italian) a plus
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, computer science or MIS required
- Masters degree in business, computer science or MIS a strong plus
About Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company
Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT, enabling them to find new revenue streams, operate more efficiently, deliver outstanding service and minimize risk. Pentaho has over 15,000 product deployments and 1,500 commercial customers today including ABN-AMRO Clearing, EMC, Landmark Halliburton, Moody's, NASDAQ, RichRelevance, and Staples. For more information visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.