Regional Account Executive
The Account Executive is responsible for expanding and managing Pentaho's business in the mid-market/enterprise market. This is a key segment, as Pentaho is the pioneer in making business intelligence accessible to companies of any size by providing a low-cost alternative to traditional BI tools. Bookings targets are measured on a monthly basis to ensure consistency and linearity, with significant emphasis on meeting targets, exceeding customer expectations and being able to manage dozens of opportunities simultaneously. The candidate must provide a proven track record of being an over-performer who can manage stressful situations professionally and methodically. Pentaho offers great career opportunities for the right candidate.
- Developing and managing relationships within our market segment ($0MM-$5B)
- Managing complex sales-cycles and presenting the value of the Pentaho BI Suite to C-level I.T. and business executives
- Forecasting sales activity and revenue
- Achievement in Salesforce.com, while creating satisfied and reference-able customers
- Demonstrating the Pentaho BI Suite via the Web and phone (travel to region when needed)
- 5-10 years of quota-carrying software or technology sales and account management experience
- Experience selling business applications is strongly preferred
- Experience with monthly booking targets
- Experience managing a high volume of mid-market and enterprise level opportunities
- Expertise in understanding the business processes and systems involved in running medium to large size organizations
- Demonstrable knowledge of key ROI and TCO principles
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CEO/CFO level
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) consistently
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communications skills
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles
- Previous Sales Methodology training preferred
- BI and/or ETL experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong customer references
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
Bachelor or University Degree required
About Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company
Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT, enabling them to find new revenue streams, operate more efficiently, deliver outstanding service and minimize risk. Pentaho has over 15,000 product deployments and 1,500 commercial customers today including ABN-AMRO Clearing, EMC, Landmark Halliburton, Moody's, NASDAQ, RichRelevance, and Staples. For more information visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.