Inside Sales Representative
Pentaho is seeking an enthusiastic and talented Inside Sales Representative. Reporting to the Director of Inside Sales, this person will help build qualified sales opportunities for our direct and OEM sales teams. This role will not only follow-up on inbound leads and cold prospects – they will also be the right-hand person to their assigned rep with early stage opportunities. We are looking for individuals with a passion for winning and a proven track record of success.
- Meet a monthly quota of Sales Accepted Opportunities (SAOs) for the Field Reps that you support
- Qualify inbound leads and prospects via phone and email, identifying key decision makers, business pain points, relevant projects, budget, and purchase timeframes
- Generate SAOs also by proactively cold-calling into target companies
- Identify new companies and prospects through primary and secondary research
- Partner with their assigned sales rep and help nurture early stage opportunities – taking the opportunity from 5% to 20% chance of closing
- Utilize Salesforce.com CRM system to record activities, route leads, and coordinate SAO management process
- 1-2 years Inside Sales or Sales Development experience at a SaaS company, enterprise software company, or within an equally complex product space
- Additional experience in marketing, sales, business development, lead generation, and lead management is plus
- Extreme plus if you have experience selling into IT or the business intelligence space
- Must be able to quickly articulate business benefits and functionality of software solutions
- Must be able to handle objections and ask probing questions that surface business pain and sales opportunities
- Must be able to quickly and effectively collect information on a company and navigate to the correct person
- Must be driven to reach personal and team assigned “opportunity” quota
- Must have experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce.com
- Excellent communication skills – articulate, concise, and persuasive
- Positive, upbeat and aggressive personality is required
- Must be team player and open to ongoing training to continuously improve skills
- 4-year college degree required
What Pentaho Offers
- A fun, dynamic team environment that is both competitive and geared toward sharing best practices
- The opportunity to work with bright, talented people that are committed to transforming the business intelligence market
- A sophisticated, technical sell that is consistently interesting and challenging
- A great office location in San Francisco’s Financial District - walking distance to BART
- Competitive salary + commission structure
- Excellent health care benefits
- 401K, FSA, HSA
About Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company
Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT, enabling them to find new revenue streams, operate more efficiently, deliver outstanding service and minimize risk. Pentaho has over 15,000 product deployments and 1,500 commercial customers today including ABN-AMRO Clearing, EMC, Landmark Halliburton, Moody's, NASDAQ, RichRelevance, and Staples. For more information visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.