Developer Support Engineer
The Development Support Engineer serves a vital role in the success of customer who desire to integrate with, embed, or extend the Pentaho tools. The position provides developer-to-developer support to answer source code level questions, to assist customers troubleshoot configuration and integration challenges, and to provide architectural guidance. The position offers an opportunity to work with many different technologies and architectures, to have a direct impact on customer success, and to collaborate of other developers.
The typical work day the Development Support Engineer would consist of
- interacting with customers via telephone, virtual meeting technology, and electronically;
- developing code samples and solutions to illustrate the use of APIs and integration strategies;
- working with customers to provide architectural and integration guidance;
- interacting with other engineers to document and develop best practices; and,
- proactively managing the technical relationship with customers.
- Coordinates and conducts review meetings with customer senior technical resources. These meetings provide customers with status updates on Pentaho’s product roadmap, release schedules and specific product features that are relevant to their Pentaho applications.
- Researches and resolves installation, configuration, deployment and upgrade issues; acts as advocate for customers and a liaison to Pentaho’s Engineering and Product Management organizations.
- Supports customers in the use of Pentaho technologies, best practices, architecture strategies, and integration techniques.
- Develops sample applications demonstrating the use of Pentaho’s advanced functionality and APIs.
- Identifies best practices and develops content for developer focused training courses and the Pentaho knowledge base.
- Participates in the onboarding and mentoring of other Engineers.
- 2-5 years developing applications on the Java platform;
- 2-5 years designing relational data models;
- 2-5 years of Hands-on experience across the following core technologies including:
- Web development tools like Java, JSP, XML, HTML, JDBC/JNDI, and others
- Operating Systems like Linux, Windows, Solaris, and others
- Application servers like Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic and others
- Databases like Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, BigData, and others
- Security architectures (CAS, Spring Security, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory).
- Superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues.
- Passion to explore new technologies
- A sense of urgency when interacting with customers
- Understanding of the importance and value of good communication
- Attention to detail
- Preference will be given to candidates with SaaS/multi-tenancy, benchmarking and performance tuning expertise.
- Familiarity with enterprise software architectures, web development technologies such as PHP, and agile development methodologies is a strong plus.
- Experience implementing and/or integration of Business Intelligence (BI) related software is a big plus.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, computer science or MIS required
- Masters degree in computer science or MIS a strong plus
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, French, German) a plus
About Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company
Pentaho, a Hitachi Data Systems company, is a leading data integration and business analytics company with an enterprise-class, open source-based platform for diverse big data deployments. Pentaho’s unified data integration and analytics platform is comprehensive, completely embeddable and delivers governed data to power any analytics in any environment. Pentaho’s mission is to help organizations across multiple industries harness the value from all their data, including big data and IoT, enabling them to find new revenue streams, operate more efficiently, deliver outstanding service and minimize risk. Pentaho has over 15,000 product deployments and 1,500 commercial customers today including ABN-AMRO Clearing, EMC, Landmark Halliburton, Moody's, NASDAQ, RichRelevance, and Staples. For more information visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.