Account Executive - EMEA
The Enterprise Sales Executive is responsible for expanding and managing Pentaho's business in the Enterprise Business Intelligence market. This segment is growing rapidly for Pentaho as companies benefit from lower-cost and flexible alternatives to traditional business intelligence (BI) tools. Many organizations start to reevaluate the value of legacy and 20+ years old BI technologies with inflexible pricing models. Most mid-market and larger enterprises struggle to manage multiple costly BI solutions with pressure to get them replaced with more nimble and flexible technologies. The Enterprise Sales Executive will be focused on the upper mid-market as well as the large enterprises. Bookings targets are measured on a monthly basis to ensure consistency and linearity, with significant emphasis on meeting targets, exceeding customer expectations and being able to manage the quarterly pipeline. The candidate is required to provide a proven track record of being an over-performer who can manage stressful situations professionally and methodically. Pentaho offers great career opportunities for the right candidate.
- Developing and managing relationships within the Pentaho upper mid-market, Big Data and enterprise segment
- Managing complex sales-cycles and presenting to C-level I.T. and business executives the value of the Pentaho BI Suite
- Forecasting sales activity and revenue achievement in Salesforce.com, while creating satisfied and reference-able customers
- Demonstrating Pentaho's product and solution offerings via the Web / phone
- 10-15 years of quota-carrying software or technology sales and account management experience
- Experience selling business applications is strongly preferred
- BI experience is a significant advantage
Recent experience selling into Big Data environments desired
- Experience with monthly booking targets
- Demonstrated problem solving skills such as combined consulting background and software sales experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of key ROI and TCO principles
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CEO/CFO level
- Fluent in English required. Fluent in German or French required
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) consistently
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communications skills
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong customer references
- Bachelor or University Degree required
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.