Promoting transparency and anticipating price trends in the Swiss residential property market
- SRED needed a data integration tool that enabled the three Swiss Banks involved to exchange their property transaction data.
- SRED needed to meet numerous regulatory and antitrust regulatory requirements, including making the data anonymous, publicly available and complying with very high data security standards.
- Ease of use and security were two major requirements to enable business users at the the banks to exchange their data and to access the pooled data
- Pentaho Data Integration - for importing, exporting and blending data as well as guaranteeing data quality (standardizing, validating, de-duplicating and cleansing inconsistent or redundant data)
- Mondrian OLAP engine – for analyzing information relating to KPIs, regions and real estate characteristics via a simple drag & drop interface
- Pentaho Reporting - provides users with standard reports on the most important Swiss real estate market data
- GeoKettle - for building and updating geospatial data in the system
- Comprehensive Datapool based on real transaction data: Since 2002, the Datapool has grown to include a wide range of attributes on 180,000 properties and adds about 3500 every quarter, and is scaling up to build a national real estate index.
- More transparency and insights: Benchmark reports enable the banks to compare their data against that of the industry. Standard reports show key trends at-a-glance. Crucially, Pentaho’s user friendly reporting interface enables the banks to create new reports and analyze data whenever needed.
- Perfect data: Pentaho Data Integration enables the banks to easily submit the data, validate, cleanse and make it anonymous within a short time frame.
- Partner Know-How: The association is extremely satisfied with the advice and technical implementation provided by basis06.
- Data Integration tool that enables data to be exchanged easily via web forms and meets requirements for data profiling and quality
- High standards for data security and authentication
- Ease of use for self-service reporting and analysis
- Flexibility and modularity of the platform