Global Clothing e-Commerce Platform for Creating, Buying and Selling Personalized Apparel
- Spreadshirt needed a fully featured analytics system that would fit into Spreadshirt’s open source IT landscape.
- The fast-moving Internet business needed a tool that could support real-time, ad-hoc analysis for business users and ease the burden on IT.
- The data generated from different systems in the warehouse required an ETL tool that could integrate many different data types and high volumes.
- Pentaho software runs on a Glassfish Application Server with MySQL database and Ubuntu Operating System.
- Pentaho Business Analytics as self-service BI delivering ad-hoc analysis and reporting in real time.
- Pentaho Data Integration as ETL tool.
- High volume and performance: The data generated from the platform includes 6.5 million global orders. Query performance has improved significantly with Pentaho even as data volumes have grown at a rapid clip.
- Partner management: Salespeople uses Pentaho to help retail partners optimize store layouts, improve promotions and increase sales.
- Product optimization: Product managers use Pentaho to improve existing products and plan the introduction of new products.
- Marketing analysis: Marketing uses Pentaho to analyze the effectiveness of campaigns and promotions.
- Reporting and operational BI: The financial team uses Pentaho to reveal trends and develop forecasts for production control and capacity planning.
- Open source: low total cost of ownership, highly scalable and easy to integrate
- Complete analytics solution
- Self-service BI and ad-hoc analysis in real-time