Kirchhoff Datensysteme Software
About This CustomerKirchhoff Datensysteme Software
Software development company focused on industry specific solutions
Pentaho’s user friendly interface combined with our know-how made it easy to build a specialized analytics tool for lowering costs and maximizing profits in plastic compounding.
Use Case Overview
- Complexity - Plastic compounding is highly complex and specialized and its profit margins depend on how efficient this process is managed and the volatile prices of energy and raw materials.
- Flexibility - For its industry-specific reporting and analysis tool, Poly.MIS, KDS needed a flexible platform that enabled it to define relevant analysis scenarios, dashboards and reporting options specific to compounding.
- Data variety - KDS sought an analytics platform that could load and process data from various specialized IT systems relevant to plastic compounding.
- User-friendly - The solution needed to be easy for people across the business to use without having to rely on IT support.
- Integration - KDS wanted to offer Poly.MIS as a stand-alone analytics tool as well as embedding in to its ERP system, Poly.ERP.
- OEM Partnership with Pentaho
- Pentaho Data Integration to load and process data from the various plastic compounder systems (ERP, energy management, production planning, quality management, and others)
- Pentaho Business Analytics using the reporting and analysis tool as the basis for pre-defined industry-specific reporting and analysis
- KDS’ OEM partnership with Pentaho enabled them to optimize their knowledge and skills of the plastic compounding industry while leveraging Pentaho’s software and specialized knowledge of data integration and business analytics.
- Pentaho Reporting and Pentaho Analyzer enabled Poly.Mis to deliver pre-configured standard reports and analysis scenarios for plastic compounding. Industry speciifc benefits include:
- Gross profit and contribution margin analyses that take raw material and energy volatility into account and help KDS to optimize costs and profitability
- Sales process analyses that blend sales data with product and composition data to helps compounders determine material requirements and work more efficiently
- Support for other industry-specific scenarios including container-oriented inventory and current stock value analysis, receivables and open orders analysis, energy management analysis, and many others
- Pentaho Data Integration’s visual interface has made the whole ETL process easy to manage. Its open architecture means data from a wide range of proprietary sources were easily integrated
- Poly.MIS users can easily run a range of specialized reports like gross profit analysis reports, production time/idle time reports and inventory reports, without needed IT support.
- Poly.MIS is available as a stand-alone tool or embedded into Poly.ERP.
- Flexibility - Easy to adapt reporting and analysis to the industry-specific complex requirements of plastic compounding
- Support for a broad range of data sources
- User-friendly interface
- Ease of integration