About This CustomerBywaters
One of the largest recycling companies in London (UK)
PDI is probably one of the most powerful tools within modern computing I've seen in my career.
Use Case Overview
- Bywaters needed real-time analysis of customer data to help its clients improve targeted advertising.
- Existing analytics infrastructure could not handle the growing data load and would take over 24 hours to run, leading to perpetual problem hitting SLAs.
- Bywaters’ ETL is currently at five billion consumer transactions, which grows by millions every day. Bywaters needed a significantly more scalable analytics solution that could match its growth.
- Pentaho partner Linalis delivered installation and configuration services.
- Pentaho Business Analytics builds three types of reports and dashboards from the data warehouse. Each is customized to the specific technical skills and reporting needs of the user.
- Pentaho Data Integration is used to extract, integrate and analyze data from nearly 5TB of historical data, which grows every day.
- Pentaho is helping the company move to a data-driven culture where customers can request pre-defined reports on environmental performance including weights, rates, carbon dioxide usage and compliance.
- Reduction in IT cost and technical barriers with no need for Java programming.
- Reduced ETL process time from 27 hours to 8 hours.
- Reports and dashboards that meet a wide spectrum of end user needs and skills without overlooking critical IT requirements for data governance and integration
- 100% usable functionality that won't become 'shelfware’
- Modern, flexible platform built on open standards that will support future technology and data integration
- Pentaho Data Integration supports Bywaters' needs for data validation, cleansing and integration
- Improved, modern enterprise data warehouse , providing proof of concept for integrating big data sources