About This CustomerUSU Group
Provider of IT Service Management (ITSM) Solutions and Consulting Services
Pentaho enables us to offer customers cross-systems analysis for their IT infrastructure.
Use Case Overview
- USU Group required an OEM solution that provided data integration and a front-end analysis and reporting tool to serve as the foundation for its ITSM BI offering.
- The ITSM field required ad-hoc analysis and variable forecasting capabilities, not just static reporting.
- The high volume of data generated from monitoring of various IT systems required a robust ETL tool.
- Pentaho collects and analyzes large volumes of IT monitoring data from BMC Atrium, HP Service Manager, IBM Tivoli and other systems.
- Pentaho Data Integration as ETL tool.
- Pentaho Business Analytics as self-service BI delivering ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
- Near real-time analysis: Despite falling into the big data category, IT monitoring requires a near real-time analysis and USU is able to deliver this with Pentaho.
- Self-service solution: Everybody in the customer's IT team can easily run their own analysis and reports as they need it and when they need it.
- Web and mobile access: the USU Service Intelligence solution can be accessed from anywhere on the Internet as well as through a handy mobile client application.
- Cross-systems reporting: Pentaho enabled USU to make cross-systems analysis and reporting a reality for its customers. Those companies previously had to rely on separate tools.
- Self-service BI and ad-hoc analysis in real-time
- Open source model provides low total cost of ownership, high performance and easy integration
- Complete end-to-end solution