Mobile Device Management and Device Intelligence
- Mobilethink offers device management solutions (DMS) to mobile operators, allowing them to accurately detect, configure and monetize mobile devices on their network. A Mobilethink key business challenges is to proof the value of its solution. They needed a tool to help them to analyze the impact of their services in real-time, but the previous OLAP tool only enabled static reports with limited drill-down capabilities.
- Mobilethink needed an easy-to-integrate analytics solution that they could easily embed into its own analytics solution and offer to clients.
- As Mobilethink has a very heterogeneous IT landscape, it needed a system that runs on all of its operating systems, including Linux, Mac and Windows.
- To demonstrate the value of its DMS services, Mobilethink offers operators trial licenses, during which they can analyze campaign effectiveness. Data sources include 170 different device capabilities, anonymous operator data such as call records and network data usage. The data for each client reaches up to 15GB, adding up to 200 GB in total. MobileThink’s old system was too slow to handle this data volume.
- Mobilethink needed extensive visualization capabilities to help them better communicate their value to potential customers.
- Following a review of Pentaho, QlikView and Tableau Software, Mobilethink chose Pentaho Business Analytics version 4.5.
- Mobilethink runs Pentaho on a Linux/Debian operating system, with a Tomcat/Java application server using MonetDB, a column-store database.
- Mobilethink can now extensively analyze its complex data sets using Pentaho, looking at any dimension, to better define campaigns for their mobile operator customers.
- Mobilethink plans to embed Pentaho into its own analytics tool to offer as-a-service to its clients and enable them to run real-time analysis and drill down into complex data sets.
- Mobilethink now uses Pentaho to analyze the success of its services during a trial period with potential customers, which helped it gain five new clients in six months. One customer, an African operator increased its revenues by 12% after using the BI application to analyze customer usage and predict demand.
- Extensive analytics capabilities, including real-time analytics
- Visualization capabilities
- Open source and flexibility