About this Customer
Enterprise IT management provided as SaaS services
"Thanks to Pentaho, our clients have gained back 50% of their time, formerly spent on IT management and problem solving related tasks. Automated reporting and dashboards have enabled them to understand evolving trends, assess the impact of change, and monitor hardware & software performance issues. Our customers are now better able to anticipate IT infrastructure development needs at a local or global scale."
- The solution needed to integrate data between multiple heterogeneous IT systems and over a wide spectrum of IT infrastructures.
- The solution needed to offer real time and on-demand data analysis.
- Cairnis needed to improve customer experience for creating dashboards and instant visual displays of trend indicators that show occurrences and events on a local and global scale.
- Cairnis needed to build a unified view for IT infrastructure and application management systems to provide their customers – IT management of public and medium-size enterprises and IT divisions of global enterprises - with real-time analysis of information such as servers, workstations, network devices and applications availability and usage.
- To improve the overall operational efficiency, Cairnis had to replace an existing market BI solution that was unable to efficiently process large amounts of collected data as device equipment, availability status or capacity and performance measurement concerning every IT device as business or technical applications.
Time to Market
- Pentaho OEM partnership, including online support, local consulting and people training
- Pentaho Business Analytics including real time data analysis, automated dashboards and personalized reporting.
- Professional Services delivered through Pentaho Partner, Smile, included a proof of concept engagement to validate Pentaho Business Analytics integration points with Carinis, as well as scalability validation for high volumes of traffic and the SaaS-readiness of the Pentaho platform.
- Future plans (2012/2013) include to replace existing ETL and scheduling solution deploying Pentaho Data Integration to take advantage of a fully integrated solution.
- Technology and software included in the deployment: Liferay portal, HP configuration and CMDB management technologies, HP services management tool, HP data consolidation tool. Time to market.
- Participated in onsite training by Pentaho Partner, Linealis.
- Cairnis went to market in just three months including integration of Pentaho technology in Cairnis portal, multi-tenancy management, access security and single sign-on. Quick development cycle allows Cairnis to add new functionalities to customers without any change in navigation way and high scalability.
- A single driving and supervision tool for all users updated in real time providing a unified view of the IT infrastructure to gain efficiency and coordinate actions.
- Cairnis customers gain back 50% of their time, formerly spent on IT management and problem solving, allowing them to focus on other important business operations.
- User-friendly interfaces that allows IT teams to drill down and analyze information such as server, workstation, external device, and storage disk – in real time.
- Better IT responsiveness using Pentaho reports and dashboards to drive and monitor the processes and resources of global IT deployments.
- Flexibility for customers to use the Cairnis solution in a SaaS mode and also on-site for large organizations.
- Better alerting system that allows Cairnis clients – global IT organizations - achieve faster response, incident, and problem resolution times.
- A solution that can grow with business needs
- Easily integrated into existing software and applications
- Cost advantage compared to proprietary options
- Good market reputation of Pentaho and its products
- Flexibility to have SaaS and on-site options