The Lucky Group
About This CustomerThe Lucky Group
Social commerce company
For cost-conscious startups, Pentaho and open source architecture are a no brainer for enabling rapid scale. You can easily compare it to proprietary tools that might not even work.
Use Case Overview
- Cost-conscious start-up committed to culture of analytics desired a solution that could easily scale, handle big data requirements and compete with sophisticated, proprietary solutions on interactive, self-service and data integration functionality.
- One person doing BI for a 150-person company was unable to keep up with reporting and analytics demands.
- Rapidly growing company with innovative subscription-based business model needed the ability to quickly slice and dice terabytes of data and millions of daily emails. By reporting on every click and page view, The Lucky Group would be able to perform deep, precise customer segmentation by age, income and behavior.
- Pentaho’s open source big data platform includes MySQL and analytic database management from HP Vertica.
- The Lucky Group now has a single solution for data integration and business analytics, running across more than 10 terabytes of data. Pentaho Business Analytics helps The Lucky Group with social monitoring, customer retention, financial reporting, product and website optimization and more.
- Pentaho Business Analytics delivers data integration (Kettle), reporting, dashboards, analysis, data visualization and predictive analytic capabilities.
- Game changer for customer acquisition – Now The Lucky Group has easy access to analysis around cross-selling opportunities and the ability to surface data on how much cross-over there is between different mint properties such as JewelMint StyleMint, BeautyMint and ShoeMint.
- Operational excellence - The Lucky Group keeps close tabs on large Facebook and Twitter communities with social monitoring to track data such as fans, likes, favorites, customer product reviews and comments. Through data monitoring of online forums, they quickly identified through business alerts a coupon code that had leaked out and was being used by customers.
- Improved customer experience – The Lucky Group has gained a deeper understanding of customer preferences by looking beyond averages of numbers to segmentation of customers by age, income bracket and behavior. Customer insights influence inventory purchases, website design, The Lucky Groupt’s recommendation engine and more.
- Eliminated costly and manual report generation - Nearly every department has one or two people using BI, creating quantitative experts in every group who can easily wear a BI cap on a daily basis. The self-service capabilities of Pentaho Business Analytics have provided a scalable solution, eliminating the need to hire more engineers and data scientists.
- Maximized revenue - Analytics play a huge role with customer acquisition, allowing The Lucky Group to determine where it can acquire users most cost-effectively and generate the most revenue from customers. This understanding of data has resulted in improved sales forecasting, as well as customer retention and continuity programs to minimize customer churn.
- Product vision in line with company’s data-driven needs – focused on making BI accessible to employees of all levels of BI knowledge in the wake of a shortage of data scientists and engineers
- Fast, feature-rich platform handles the requirements of a big data environment and integrates with HP Vertica
- Attractive price point for flexible product that covers many bases