University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine
About This CustomerUniversity of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine
We are moving from taking care of patients in an office to looking at an entire panel of patients and caring for them wherever they are. With Pentaho, we can see which patients are moving toward therapeutic targets and which are not, and call those individuals into the clinic as needed.
Use Case Overview
- At the Bedlam Longitudinal Clinic, a branch of the Medical Program at the University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine in Tulsa, Dr. Ronald Saizow needed a feedback tool for teaching panel management to collaborative teams of medical, nursing, pharmacy and social work students.
- In particular, the students wanted to take a closer look at the effects of their treatment in order to key in on which inventive efforts worked and which didn’t, so that they could incorporate the results into their treatments.
- Bedlam needed a business analytics platform that would allow professors and students to measure progress as they treat uninsured individuals who have been diagnosed with a chronic illness, such as diabetes or hypertension.
- Using customized Pentaho reports, medical students track vital statistics for chronically ill patients, such as blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels. The reports show the students how patients respond to specific interventions to then design corresponding corrections.
- The Bedlam Clinic uses Pentaho Business Analytics to help them teach panel management to medical students serving uninsured individuals who have been diagnosed with a chronic illness, such as diabetes or hypertension.
- Students can view and analyze data from an entire panel of patients to provide consistent and preventive care without requiring patients to be present. The analysis helps move patients toward their therapeutic target.
- Pentaho has provided the Bedlam Clinic with an evidence-based treatment protocol that translates into more aggressive treatments.
- The groups came up with interventions, such as increased frequency of clinic visits, to produce better outcomes.
- Provides vision into treatment results
- Creates clear, readable and accurate data