About this Customer
IT consortium of the Italian Chambers of Commerce
"Our reporting and analysis requirements are very complex on the data side but thanks to the user-friendly interface of Pentaho, the Chambers of Commerce can be self-sufficient with analysis and reporting. This enables each Chamber to support their local business communities during times of both crisis and opportunity."
- Built their original BI applications with proprietary software and wanted to evaluate a more modern, user-friendly open source alternative.
- Wanted a clear vision of the state of economy within the regions, enabling better local support during times of crisis and opportunity.
- Needed access to consistent data across 103 Chambers of Commerce to help the Register forecast economic trends at the local and regional level analyzing the number of companies opened and/or closed in a region.
- Pentaho is run in an open source friendly environment on Red Hat Linux, JBoss Clustering, and MySQL Database, on two dedicated Intel dual processor servers.
- InfoCamere worked with the Italian based Pentaho Platinum Partner, BNOVA who offers a high level of local technical support and training.
- Migrated proprietary business intelligence platform to Pentaho Business Analytics Enterprise Edition.
- Confidence in Pentaho’s ability to manage massive, complex data sets – Being able to easily access and analyze over 500GB of data from the past 10 years in real time enables the Chambers and regional administrations to prepare adequately for both growth and downturn scenarios.
- Supporting local business communities efficiently and appropriately – Each Chamber of Commerce can run reports on operational data whenever needed whether it is ad hoc, daily, weekly or monthly.
- Creation of self-sufficient business users – Currently over 500 users within the Chambers of Commerce use Pentaho for reporting and analysis. The business users value above all the ease-of-use and the fast performance whereas the IT department values the support, technology, scalability, integration and OLAP capabilities.
- Integration capabilities
- Ease of use (interface)
- Ad hoc reporting and OLAP capabilities