About This CustomerInfoCamere
Our reporting and analysis requirements are very complex on the data side but thanks to the user-friendly interface of Pentaho, the Chambers of Commerce can be self-sufficient with analysis and reporting. This enables each chamber to support their local business communities during times of both crisis and opportunity.
Use Case Overview
- InfoCamere built its original BI applications with proprietary software but wanted to evaluate a more modern, open source alternative.
- The organization wanted a clear vision of the state of economy within the regions, enabling better local support during times of crisis and opportunity.
- They needed access to consistent data across 103 Chambers of Commerce to help forecast economic trends at the local and regional level.
- InfoCamere migrated its proprietary business intelligence platform to Pentaho Business Analytics Enterprise Edition.
- Pentaho runs on open source systems Red Hat Linux, JBoss Clustering and MySQL Database.
- InfoCamere worked with local Pentaho Platinum Partner, BNOVA.
- Confidence in Pentaho’s ability to manage massive data sets – Being able to easily access and analyze over 500GB of data from the past 10 years enables the Chambers to prepare adequately for both growth and downturn scenarios.
- Supporting local business communities efficiently and appropriately – Each Chamber of Commerce can run reports on operational data whenever needed.
- Creation of self-service environment – There are more than 500 users within the Chambers of Commerce who use Pentaho for reporting and analysis. The business users value above all the ease-of-use and speed whereas the IT department values the support, technology, scalability, integration and OLAP.
- Integration capabilities
- Ease of use (interface)
- Ad hoc reporting and OLAP capabilities