About this Customer
Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS)
"The intuitive user interface—inclusive of drag and drop and drill down data exploration features—was the main reason we decided to embed Pentaho into our AiM™ IQ product. Non-technical users are blown away by how easy the product is to use."
- Needed to replace existing Actuate BIRT Studio reporting in their flagship solution, AiM™. They found that BIRT Studio was not only slow-performing, but also required knowledge of SQL, making it not end user friendly.
- Needed flexible deployment options, including both on-premise as well as cloud. While the majority of AssetWorks’ 150+ existing customers preferred an on-premise solution, newer customers required a SaaS deployment.
- Wanted to give users better access to enterprise data, with the ability to manipulate the data, share it, and create ad-hoc dashboards. Needed a tool that anyone from a C-level executive, to an electrician or plumber could easily use to better understand their business and make better decisions.
Time to Market
- Assetworks uses Pentaho Business Analytics to help organizations proactively manage their capital planning, workplace management as well as regulatory and fiscal compliance. Examples of data analyzed include: Anticipated Costs vs. Original Budget – to monitor the financials of a construction project, helping project managers take proactive actions to complete the project within budget; Cycle Time – to measure the average time it takes to complete activities, comparing results against an organization’s service level goals; Cost per SQ Foot per Category of Work (e.g. carpentry) – to benchmark performance and compare against peers, showing that the org is operating at an optimal level.
- Powered by Pentaho OEM Partnership
- Embedded Pentaho Business Analytics using the data integration, analytics, reporting and dashboard capabilities.
- 8 weeks - Allocated two part time employees. Spent four weeks developing single sign-on and four weeks on data connectivity and preparation.
- Fast sales cycles as a result of great visualizations has made sales RFP turnarounds much faster.
- The solution is expected to deliver a significantly enhanced experience to customers with better peer-to-peer analysis, easier identification and measurement of key performance indicators (KPIs), and greater access to analytical capability for non-technical users.
- Significant revenue driver.
- Goodwill from customers resulting in customer retention. Existing customers can now better utilize their already in-place IT investments by simply loading data from other information-centric tools – such as Excel and Access – into AiMIQ and instantly start analyzing.
- Intuitiveness of the product
- Java skills in-house
- SaaS infrastructure
- Minimal training for end-users