Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS)
- The software vendor needed to replace existing Actuate BIRT Studio, an embeddable data reporting software, from their flagship solution, AiM™. They found that BIRT Studio was not only slow-performing, but also required knowledge of SQL, making it difficult to use.
- AssetWorks needed flexible deployment options for customers, including both on-premise as well as SaaS deployments.
- The company wanted to give users better access to enterprise data, with the ability to manipulate and share data and create ad-hoc dashboards.
- The system needed to be intuitive and valuable for all user types, from executives to a technician such as an electrician or plumber.
- AssetWork customers uses Pentaho Business Analytics embedded in the AssetWorks solution to proactively manage capital planning, workplace management and regulatory and fiscal compliance requirements. Customers use it to monitor the financials of a construction project, to measure cycle time for projects, compare results against an organization’s service level goals and to benchmark performance against peers, among other uses.
- Pentaho OEM Partnership, facilitating the desired replacement of BIRT Studio with Pentaho’s superior product and service.
- AssetWorks uses the full Pentaho Business Analytics platform with its embedded deployment, using data integration, analytics, reporting and dashboard capabilities.
- Faster sales cycles as a result of improved data visualizations for AssetWork’s sales staff.
- The solution is expected to deliver a significantly enhanced experience to AssetWorks customers with better peer-to-peer analysis, easier identification and measurement of key performance indicators (KPIs), and greater access to analytical capability for non-technical users.
- Greater customer retention as existing customers can now get more from existing IT investments by simply loading data from other tools – such as Excel and Access – into AiMIQ and instantly start analyzing.
- Intuitiveness interface
- SaaS infrastructure to meet customer demand
- Minimal training for end-users