About this Customer
Leading provider of cloud software for digital marketing and customer experience management.
"It was important to our customers that reports looked professional and polished, they could be self-sufficient and that they could perform analysis quickly. With a SaaS product, people don’t expect to wait more than a couple of seconds. Our brief was essentially to deliver great looking reports that ran fast and we’re there - so it’s looking good!"
- HTK traditionally has a strong foothold in large enterprise and the public sector, but in a UK market where 99 percent of businesses are small and medium-sized, HTK wanted to open up its CRM application and infrastructure to smaller organizations.
- They knew that marketing professionals who buy SaaS applications have very high expectations for usability: they need to be self-sufficient, return fast queries and create easy ad-doc reports.
- Read more about HTK's experience embedding Pentaho Business Analytics - read the full case study under Related Media
- After weighing options to build internally or use a business analytics software application (explored Microstrategy and Pentaho), HTK selected Pentaho Business Analytics for its modern and embeddable end-to-end software platform (see 'Why Pentaho' below).
- Worked with Pentaho’s European Professional Services group and Portugal-based System Integrator Xpand IT to fully integrate Pentaho Business Analytics into HTK’s Horizon CRM application.
- Development was planned and executed using a 100 percent agile approach.
- Ability for HTK to migrate customer data in near real-time into its data warehouse.
- Attractive 3-dimensional charts that render on an iPad, which is critical for marketing professionals.
- The new online applications are the foundation of a whole new line of business to serve the UK’s high-potential SMB market.
- Enabled HTK to deliver integrated reports for two editions of its online SaaS software to specification in five weeks.
- Flexible dashboards so marketing professionals can slice, dice and present their multi-channel data depending on specific campaign requirements.
- Modern and embeddable end-to-end software platform.
- Ability to quickly analyze large volumes of historical data.
- Cost and development advantages thanks to the Commercial Open Source Software (COSS) licensing model.
- Flexible, customizable reporting with highly professional, attractive interface designs out-of-the-box.
- Extract / Transfer / Load (ETL) capabilities to migrate customer data into its data warehouse.