Customer: Fundación Telefónica
About this Customer
Social action program that aims to eradicate child labor in Latin America
"Pentaho Business Analytics allows Fundación Telefónica and its partners to manage the program more efficiently and it helps the social workers to take more targeted measures to eradicate child labor."
- Since its inception in 2004, the program grew rapidly in terms of the number of children, schools and NGOs participating in the program. With this growth the old analytics tools reached their limits, making it almost impossible to track the progress of each child or evaluate the success of the program.
- The tool needed to support more than 400 social workers in 13 countries who had little enterprise software experience, many of whom were resistant to technological change.
- Proniño needed a tool that would allow it to track multiple data points about each child in the program, such as activities completed with schools, families, communities and NGOs.
- To help Proniño achieve its objectives, the Accenture Foundation recommended Pentaho Business Analytics.
- Pentaho Business Analytics Enterprise Edition - Proniño uses the data access and integration, discovery, analysis and visualization capabilities in Pentaho Business Analytics.
- Consulting – Fundación Telefónica worked with a local Pentaho Partner to provide a high level of local language support and helps them bring the installation to the next level. It also provides training and resources for SI Partner Accenture so that the installation is successful.
- Consistent global data exchange - With the ability to exchange information and experience across the 13 countries, social workers have a more complete program view and the child labor issues beyond their locales.
- Happy users - During workshops with social workers, Fundación Telefónica reported enthusiastic feedback from partners working with Pentaho including: "I've worked with a huge number of projects but never a tool like this" and “this is a dream come true.”
- Continuous program improvement - With Pentaho, Fundación Telefónica can now show the program’s progress against goals, measure its effectiveness and make course-corrections to improve the quality of social intervention on an ongoing basis.
- Uncovering opportunities - With Pentaho Business Analytics, social workers have the opportunity to explore and visualize data in real time, allowing them to better understand the contexts in which child labor arises, discover new and unknown challenges and take corrective measures that are better adapted to real situations.