Customer: 3A Latte Arborea CO-OP
About this Customer
3A Latte Arborea CO-OP
Sardinia's leading dairy and food producer
"Getting information from across the whole dairy chain helped 3A Latte Arborea to gather valuable insights on which factors affect production costs the most, identify threats on the horizon such as feeding cost increases or soil shortages, allowing us to take remedial action before they have a chance to escalate."
- Needed a BI solution that was affordable and easy enough for use by farmers with little business, IT, and computer experience.
- Due to globalization, farmers are now affected by milk price volatility and need to compete beyond regional boundaries
- The web agency, j-service, carried out the integration work and customized the portal to meet the special requirements of 3A Latte Arborea's farmers.
- Pentaho BI Enterprise Edition utilizing Pentaho Data Integration, Reporting and Analysis. Read how they are using each product in the full case study.
- Implemented jAPS Entando, a next generation, open source information management platform. The platform helps companies and governments operate more efficiently through information sharing online collaboration.
- Read more results in the in the full case study under 'related media' on the right
- Analyzing their own data in comparison to other farmers of the co-operative - made such a strong impact that farmers asked to have more data available.
- The dairy chain is now able to gain valuable insight on what factors mostly affect production costs across the chain.
- The dairy chain is able to quickly and easily identify critical issues (e.g. feeding costs, soil shortage, etc.)
- Dairy farmers were able to optimize production costs and technical/economic efficiency in addition, identify strengths and weaknesses of different &quot;what-if&quot;scenarios.
- Full function data integration, reporting, and analysis features
- Extreme ease of use and access