Customer: Brussels Airport
About this Customer
Major airport housing 260 companies and 6,000 employees
"Choosing Pentaho meant we could replace not just our reporting, but also our proprietary ETL tool to achieve our goal of a single Information Delivery Platform. Given we found Pentaho gives us at least 80 to 85% of the functionality of proprietary vendors, the cost savings we achieved are hugely significant at an estimated €350K+."
- Performed extensive proof-of-concept with IBM (Cognos), SAP (Business Objects), MicroStrategy, Information Builders and Pentaho
- Wanted to replace both its Oracle reporting and an IBM Extraction Transformation and Load tool.
- Wanted to replace current BI solution with a more cost-efficient, single "˜information delivery platform" to decision makers
- Pentaho Data Integration, Analysis, Reporting and Dashboard tools included in the Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition
- Four departments, finance, commercial, operations and ICT, will benefit from the Agile BI capabilities allowing greater iterative development between business user and developer
- These departments will now provide daily, weekly and monthly management reporting, ad hoc analysis and dashboards replacing Excel spreadsheets and about 200 scheduled Hyperion reports
- Delivered pilot project on target and in budget
- Cost savings of estimated to exceed 350K Euro
- Pentaho's ability to easily and cost-effectively provide daily snapshots from its Sybase IQ data warehouse and consistent reporting across the company proved decisive in the POC
- Agile BI and Data Integration capabilities