About This CustomerBrussels Airport
Choosing Pentaho meant we could replace not just our reporting, but also our proprietary ETL tool to achieve our goal of a single Information delivery platform. We found that since Pentaho gives us at least 80 to 85% of the functionality of proprietary vendors, the cost savings we achieved are hugely significant, at an estimated €350K.
Use Case Overview
- The airport wanted to replace both its Oracle reporting and an IBM Extraction Transformation and Load (ETL) tool.
- The airport also sought to replace its current BI solution with a more cost-efficient, single "information delivery platform" for decision makers.
- Pentaho Data Integration, Analysis, Reporting and Dashboard tools included in the Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition.
- The airport’s finance, commercial, operations and ICT departments will benefit from the Agile BI capabilities, allowing greater iterative development between business user and developer.
- These departments will now provide daily, weekly and monthly management reporting, ad hoc analysis and dashboards replacing Excel spreadsheets and about 200 scheduled Hyperion reports.
- The pilot solution was delivered on target and in budget.
- The airport estimates a cost savings of more than €350K.
- Pentaho easily and cost-effectively provides daily snapshots from its Sybase IQ data warehouse and consistent reporting across the company.
- Agile BI and data integration capabilities