Customer: Loma Linda University Health Care
"Because Pentaho is so accessible to users, it has quickly spread to different groups and new users. Some users want data in a cube; others just want output or static data for a mailing. Regardless, users know that they can basically get anything they want, quickly and easily, because of Pentaho’s capabilities."
- As a health care center with over 500,000 patients and 600 doctors, Loma Linda sought to update excel users with OLAP analysis to support data integration and analysis across multiple sources to gain better insight into patient and business information.
- Microsoft Windows Server with SQL Server
- Integrated with LDAP and Active Directory
- Pentaho Business Analysis Enterprise Edition
- Selected Pentaho over SAP BusinessObjects, IBM Cognos and Jaspersoft
- Unlimited growth – Pentaho’s open source platform and impressive capabilities that already exceed Loma Linda’s needs, while driving down costs
- Automation – centralized, secured, consistent information delivery eliminating significant man hours (versus prior Excel-based system)
- Increased collaboration – among more departments and users because of Pentaho’s ability to provide highly reliable, timely, easily accessible information
- Transparency of data – creating huge cultural shift as well as increased productivity, improved revenue cycle and fact-based decision making
- Open standards support and ease of integration
- Cost of ownership