About This CustomerWiMP Music
We needed an enterprise-level BI solution that allows us to see in detail whether a sales channel is performing or not, but our experience told us there was no advantage in traditional BI. We like open source and Pentaho was the only BI solution of this kind which we felt comfortable could deliver enterprise-level reports to the standards we require.
Use Case Overview
- Wimp Music needed to cope with large amounts of metadata across millions of music tracks.
- The company wanted a BI tool to track downloads and micro-payments for WIMP, its online music service which rivals iTunes and Spotify.
- Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition
- Worked with Pentaho reseller CONDUCT to build an open source proof of concept with Pentaho, JBoss and MySQL
- Able to create complex reports detailing how much, and to which record companies it pays royalties
- Provide fast and accurate presentation of important information
- Norwegian Computer Society awarded Wimp Music the 2013 BI Award for Innovation for their analytics deployment
- Reporting with higher frequency and details
- Highly scalable and able to analyze streaming data patterns
- Able to meet high standards of their enterprise solution, providing insight to KPIs