SOFTWARE CONTRIBUTOR ASSIGNMENT AGREEMENT
1. For the opportunity to participate in and benefit from the community of users and developers of Pentaho software, I hereby irrevocably grant, contribute, assign, and transfer to Pentaho Corporation ("Pentaho") (a) all right, title and interest, worldwide, in and to the copyrights, copyright applications and copyright registrations in the Contribution; (b) all of my right, title and interest under each U.S. and foreign patent or patent application now or hereafter owned or controlled by me, but only to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to practice an invention claimed in such patent in order to make, have made, use, import, license and sublicense (collectively, "Use") and permit others to Use the Contribution (or portions thereof), both alone and in combination with other software and documentation, and both in its present form and as it may be modified in the future, for any of its intended purposes; and (c) any and all of my other rights, title and interest in and to any trade secrets, other intellectual property rights, contract rights and licenses associated with all or part of the Contribution. If I have any rights to the Contribution that cannot be assigned as described above including, without limitation, any moral rights or the equivalent thereof, I agree to waive enforcement world-wide of such rights against Pentaho, its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, licensees, or sub-licensees. If I have any rights to the Contribution that cannot be assigned or waived as described above, I hereby grant and agree to grant to the Pentaho a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid-up, transferable and royalty-free license, in perpetuity and world-wide, to fully exercise such rights, including rights to sublicense through multiple tiers of sublicenses. These rights are assignable by Pentaho.
2. I represent and warrant that I am legally entitled to grant the above assignment and that by providing the Contribution I am not violating any law, breaching any contract, or infringing upon the rights of any person or entity.
3. I will take such actions as may be requested by the Pentaho, if any, to perfect the assignment of the Contribution as stated herein, including the execution and delivery of any additional instruments of assignment if appropriate and necessary.
4. I understand and acknowledge that I am not expected to provide support for the Contribution, except to the extent that I desire to provide support, and that I may provide support for free, for a fee if agreed to in advance in writing by Pentaho, or not at all.
5. I understand and acknowledge that submission of the Contribution does not guarantee that it will be accepted into any Pentaho project or product or that it will otherwise be distributed by Pentaho and/or any other entity.
6. I understand and acknowledge that in return for my Contribution, Pentaho grants to me a non-exclusive license to use the Contribution.
7. I agree to notify Pentaho in writing or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org of any copyright applications; copyright registrations; patent applications; patents; trademarks, servicemarks, or other proprietary marks or notices, and any applications or registrations for the same; trade secrets; other intellectual property rights; contract rights; and licenses that are included in my Contribution. I hereby promise to notify Pentaho if in the future I become aware of any copyright applications; copyright registrations; patent applications; patents; trade secrets; other intellectual property rights; contract rights; or licenses that are included in my Contribution (whether past, present or future) but are not included in the list above.
8. Employer/Client Disclaimer (If Applicable). I certify that my employer/client hereby disclaims all copyright and all other intellectual property interest in the Contribution.