Contracts Manager – position at Pentaho Corporation
The Contracts Manager acts as liaison for the Legal team and is responsible for processing all requests for legal review of contracts, negotiating and drafting contract language, maintaining the Legal team work queue, and enforcing the Company’s contract process. The Pentaho Legal team is a highly motivated, skilled and service oriented one that is focused on helping the Company achieve its goals and objectives. The Contracts Manager reports to the Company’s Deputy General Counsel. There is presently a Contracts Manager – West, who is based out of Pentaho’s San Francisco office, with whom the Contracts Manager will share responsibilities.
The following are descriptions and requirements for this position.
- Liaison for the Legal team: The Contracts Manager will be primarily interfacing with the Pentaho Global Sales team and the Company’s attorneys for all requests requiring legal review and processing of sales-related contracts. Depending on the nature and complexity of the matter, the Contracts Manager will either work directly with the Sales team member, or will assign the matter to a Pentaho attorney. The Contracts Manager will ensure that the requestor follows accepted contract process guidelines. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Maintaining the Legal Team Work Queue: All work assigned to the Legal team will be logged into the Legal work queue and is updated regularly by the Contracts Manager, so as to reflect a real-time snapshot of all matters assigned to the Legal team. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are key qualifications for this position.
- Contract Negotiating and Drafting: The Contracts Manager will negotiate and draft NDAs and certain types of outbound revenue generating agreements and inbound vendor agreements. The Contracts Manager will work closely with the Pentaho attorneys and will escalate legal issues to the attorneys as necessary. Excellent verbal negotiating skills and drafting skills in a fast-paced environment is essential. The Contracts Manager possesses a working understanding of software licensing and the common contract negotiation issues that arise during negotiation.
- Vendor Form Requests: The Contracts Manager will work with other internal departments, to complete customer required vendor forms and other requests for information about the Company, for new and existing customers.
- Responsiveness and Commitment to Excellence: The Contracts Manager, like other members of the Pentaho Legal team will strive for excellence in response and turn-around time for all requests and in servicing the legal needs of the Pentaho Sales team and other departments. Ability to work efficiently, independently and with minimal supervision on a remote basis are necessary requirements for this position.
- Travel: Occasional travel to the Company’s headquarters located in Orlando, Florida is required for this position.
Minimum Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree and at least 5 or more years of experience working in the software industry as a contracts manager, negotiating contracts and working with attorneys is required for this position.
- Ability to use MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Outlook Email are also required.
- Ability to use Salesforce.com or similar sales management software is a plus, but is not required.
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.