If you are like most Enterprise IT decision makers, there’s a 50/50 chance you are already knee deep into Big Data or on a path to figuring out how to get started. One of the “must attend” conferences for anyone involved in Big Data is the O’Reilly Strata Conference (Santa Clara, February 11-15, 2014).
Pentaho is excited to return as a sponsor this year and we have a number of ways you can learn more about getting the most out of your Big Data initiatives.
The Pentaho team of executives, technologist and data scientist will be on hand to share the latest big data innovations from Pentaho Labs such as integration with Apache Hadoop YARN and Storm. Come get answers to your all of your big data integration and analytics question. Let us help you bring your Big Data to life!
Below is a list of all activities for Pentaho in and around the conference. Register with code Pentaho20 and receive 20% off registration.
You will find the Pentaho team in the Sponsor Pavilion at booth 710 (located near the O’reilly Media booth). Learn all about how Pentaho can help bring your Big Data to life! Don’t forget to get your Pentaho t-shirt and enter for the chance to win a Go Pro camera.
- Monday, 2/10 at 5:30-9:30 in Ballroom E
- Nick Gonzalez, Data Scientist at Pentaho will speak about Real World Big Data Prescriptive Analytics
- Today’s large and convoluted data landscape coupled with the abundance of available computing resources presents unique opportunities for data scientists around the world. To remain competitive in this landscape, we must go beyond generating predictions to generating solutions from big data that are driven by actions derived from data driven predictions. And we have to do this as fast as possible. This is the real world of big data prescriptive analytics. This talk will address each one of these challenges and present technical solutions and algorithms to address them. By the end of this presentation each individual solution will come together in a symphony of code and hardware to form a unified automated process that is the backbone of a successful big data prescriptive analytics solution.
- Rosanne Saccone (Pentaho), Scott Chastain (SAS), Chris Selland (HP Vertica)
- Tuesday, 2/11 at 11:15 on the Data Driven Business Track, Ballroom CD
- Pundits and analysts agree—the data-driven enterprise is here to stay. But how will companies balance analysis with action? Will optimization of the current model leave firms more vulnerable than ever to disruption by what’s new and unpredictable? And how do we balance legacy investments in data warehousing and business intelligence with emerging technologies for massive, real-time data processing? Join Scott Chastain, Roseanne Saccone, Chris Selland, and Strata Chair Alistair Croll for a look at the practical concerns facing tomorrow’s data-driven business.
- Thursday, 2/13 at 11:30am, Ballroom G
- Tim Garnto (edo) & Rob Rosen (Pentaho)
- Hadoop presents as an enabling technology to better understand customer preferences and behaviors, but organizations often struggle with time-consuming data preparation and analytics processes. edo Interactive – a leader in providing card-linked offers to financial services and retailers – shares how they drive agile, improved decision-making by complementing native Hadoop technologies with analytical databases and ETL optimization and data visualization solutions from vendors such as Pentaho.
We hope to see you soon at Strata in Santa Clara. If you would prefer a private meeting with Pentaho at the conference send us a message via our contacts page or direct message us on twitter @Pentaho.