Pentaho and its customers have been honored with a bevy of awards over the past few months, and I thought I'd share them here. We're grateful to be recognized so widely as a leader in big data and software development.
Here's a synopsis of the awards Pentaho has won in the past three months alone.
- Red Herring 100 – Red Herring identified Pentaho as one of the 100 most promising private technology start-ups in North America for 2013. According to Red Herring, companies are judged based on "financial performance, technology innovation, quality of management, execution of strategy, and integration into their respective industries."
- CRN 2013 Big Data 100: Pentaho was named to CRN's inaugural Big Data 100 list, which identifies "vendors that have demonstrated an ability to innovate in bringing to market products and technologies that help businesses manage big data."
- SD Times 100: 'Best in Show' in Software Development: This annual award recognizes top leaders and innovators in the software- development industry. Pentaho was included in the new Big Data and BI category, which names vendors the editors believe have "tackled the giant data problem with aplomb."
- 2013 SIIA Software CODiE Award Finalist for Best Big Data Solution: This award recognizes the vendors that best enable the "capture, analysis, and mining of large data sets." Pentaho was the only full data integration and analytics provider among the five finalists.
- IE Big Data Innovation Award Winner 2013: Pentaho won in the Big Data Technology Provider Category, and accepted the award at the Big Data Innovation Summit In San Francisco. The award is designed to recognize "organizations that have pioneered Big Data initiatives that have or will have an overall positive impact within the Big Data community."
- Database Trends and Applications DBTA 100: This inaugural award recognizes "the companies that matter most in data."
Several of our customers were also honored for their creative deployment of Pentaho's software to provide business solutions.
- Apparel Magazine 2013 Top Innovator (Modcloth): Modcloth, an e-commerce retailer, was recognized as a "Top Innovator" for its Pentaho deployment. Modcloth "wanted to transition away from creating reports in Excel and migrate to a more robust platform with richer features," Jessica Binns wrote in Apparel Magazine. "Pentaho’s reporting software is helping ModCloth to improve the speed and quality of the decisions it makes, [and] get a closer look at customer trends by collecting social media data such as loves, shares and reviews."
- Nucleus Research 2013 ROI Awards (STRATO): This award recognizes companies that have made the "best technology deployments." STRATO, a storage and web hosting company, received the award for its use of Pentaho, which generated a 392% return on investment. According to Nucleus Research, using Pentaho helped STRATO to lower hardware and software costs, increase manager and employee productivity, put off capital investments, and increase revenue.
- IT Europa’s Government Solution of the Year Finalist (BNova for Italy’s Chamber of Commerce): BNova, an Italian consulting firm, was recognized for a highly innovative application it designed based on Pentaho's platform. The application will help Italy’s chambers of commerce to forecast economic trends and provide better local support to businesses.
- Campus Technology Innovators Award 2013: Each year, the Campus Technology Innovators Awards recognize exemplary colleges and universities, their visionary technology project leadership, and their innovative technology vendor partners that have taken technology to extraordinary new heights to meet today's challenges on campus. Marist College in Poughkeepsie, NY was selected for their Open Academic Analytics Initiative using Pentaho.
It means a lot to us that our work is being recognized by so many big names in the technology world, and across such a range of categories. The customer awards are especially meaningful to our team. They prove that Pentaho’s analytics and data integration technology can transform businesses, while delivering high-value ROI. So, don’t be shy. If you’re happy to brag about how transformative big data/business analytics is for your company and customers, send us a note. We’re happy to work together, shining the spotlight on any novel deployments.
Rebecca Shomair Director of Corporate Communications